• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? How much icing sugar should I buy?

Next week, we are going to be icing biscuits as a vaguely Halloween activity (we meet in a church so that's as close to anything Halloween related we can get away with)

They have made icing before for another badge that escapes me. But I want 15 guides to ice abut 75 gingerbread men (like the ones you get in supermarkets) and various other biscuits. But I can't work out how much icing sugar to get. They are going to make water icing. I have some food colouring at home they can use an I already have lots of piping bags so that isn't a problem.

Does anyone have any guesses or suggestions for me?

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Next week, we are going to be icing biscuits as a vaguely Halloween activity (we meet in a church so that's as close to anything Halloween related we can get away with)

They have made icing before for another badge that escapes me. But I want 15 guides to ice abut 75 gingerbread men (like the ones you get in supermarkets) and various other biscuits. But I can't work out how much icing sugar to get. They are going to make water icing. I have some food colouring at home they can use an I already have lots of piping bags so that isn't a problem.

Does anyone have any guesses or suggestions for me?
I'd suggest that 2 boxes will be sufficient, provided an adult keeps an eye on the amount of liquid being added to each batch, and all of it stays in the packet/the mixing bowl/the immediate surrounds, and there isn't the temptation for it to end up on clothes/in hair . . .

Thanks. I know what you mean! As long as none of them go home with any icing sugar around their noses I'll be happy! I don't mind it in their hair or on the uniforms, or anywhere else. Just not around the nose!!