1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

How much rent do you pay to use church halls?

Discussion in 'Hall Management' started by DCBarnOwl, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Allyj50

Allyj50 AllyJ50

All the units in my village pay £2 per child regardless of how long the meeting is.
    £1 goes towards the rent or building fund and the other £1 is subs.
    Its not alot for when one considers promise and challenge badges are more than £1.

However, we may be opening a weekly meeting in our next village and we have already been quoted £25 per hour if the caretaker isnt there or a fiver per hour if she is there. We are waiting to hear whether she will be able to change her hours for us.

I did wonder whether anyone knew of a way to get help with their rent. Our 2nd unit will be in a primary school,.

2. Duranie

Duranie Brownie Leader

We pay £37 per term, we are one of the few units in our district that do pay rent, but £37 is (I feel) reasonable; if we are doing a sleepover we are charged an additional £30. fund rasiing events we can normally get the hall for free as the church has an agreement with a local business who will match all fundraising pound for pound - so we fund raise for the church but our unit get the same amount.

3. Clover*

Clover* Veteran (100+ posts) GuiderPlus

Too much.

Our rent bill is around £600 a year.