• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? How much rent do you pay?

ChrisA

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
We pay a per head per term amount to the district and the district pays the rent. We calculate the amount per head based on how much we pay for rent. This started when we all met in different places - now we all meet in the same hall but it doesn't matter if some units are bigger than others

My girls pay £70 a year this includes £29.20 census and our hall rent is £50py I have 10 girls so £5 ph.
Rangers £60 includes the £29.20 census rent at £50py 6 rangers £8.30ish a head.
Both have shared access to kitchen, cafe, 2 family rooms with couches etc

Did anyone know some Morrison's stores are letting community groups meet in their cafes and training rooms?! Just saw a poster the other day. My hall is at risk of 'booting us out' as it's not a church anymore and we have a Morrison's down the road! Think I'm going to need to give them a buzz for info. They have always been very nice to us in the past with donations and bag packing. (I wonder if you get priority bag packing? hmmmmm now that would be good lol)

canielle

Veteran (100+ posts)
We pay £17 a week but the church take it one lump sum for the year at the same time census is due. This means we have to work out well in advance how long each term will be. We do however get unrestricted access to the kitchen a grassy area outside to use and somewhere to store all our equipment.

ssujh1

Veteran (100+ posts)
Did anyone know some Morrison's stores are letting community groups meet in their cafes and training rooms?! Just saw a poster the other day. My hall is at risk of 'booting us out' as it's not a church anymore and we have a Morrison's down the road! Think I'm going to need to give them a buzz for info. They have always been very nice to us in the past with donations and bag packing. (I wonder if you get priority bag packing? hmmmmm now that would be good lol)
Did you get anywhere with this Madmonkey? would be interested to know

Rattyhorses

Asst Rainbow/Brownie/Guide leader
GuiderPlus
We pay £36 a year for the local school hall each for rainbows and brownies and we get rent free for the local priory for guides (we are not a sponsored unit in anyway)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowy91

Fully warranted Brownie Guider
We pay £25 a meeting (1.5 hrs).
We have a tiny hall, free use if the kitchen (but it's a pretty rubbish kitchen) and use if a kind of playground/garden area (it's a centre for adults with learning disabilities).
Hopefully though we will be in our new hall soon! Which is £20 a night for about twice the space :) :) and it will be brand new!!

Koolyn

Beginner (10+ posts)
We pay $80/week. For this we get full use of the building, the occasional use of the kitchen in a neighbouring building and use of the extensive outdoor space. It's quite expensive when we are only using it for 4.5 hours a week (3 units at 1.5hrs each), but according to everyone it works out about the same as if we had rates, electricity and insurance to pay.

MummySquirrel

Veteran (100+ posts)
We meet at our Church Hall but as we are classed as Internal groups (we have a Rainbow Unit, Brownie Pack and Guide Unit, as well as all sections of the Scout Movement) We pay 60p per person per meeting, we have use of a decent size modern kitchen and a tennis court sized grassed area between the church and hall meaning it is enclosed and out of sight of passers-by. We know we are very lucky to have these facilities as no other units in our district is so fortunate.