1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Question? How much rent do you pay?

Discussion in 'Hall Management' started by Quack, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Oscar

Oscar Veteran (100+ posts)

We pay @£500 per year which works out to just over £20 per brownie if we have 24.

2. ChrisA

ChrisA Veteran (100+ posts) GuiderPlus

We pay a per head per term amount to the district and the district pays the rent. We calculate the amount per head based on how much we pay for rent. This started when we all met in different places - now we all meet in the same hall but it doesn't matter if some units are bigger than others

3. nutty_angel

nutty_angel Veteran (100+ posts) GuiderPlus

we pay £13 a night, which is fine for the guides but I'm finding it a struggle with only 4 rangers!

4. madmonkey

madmonkey Guide Leader

My girls pay £70 a year this includes £29.20 census and our hall rent is £50py I have 10 girls so £5 ph.
    Rangers £60 includes the £29.20 census rent at £50py 6 rangers £8.30ish a head.
    Both have shared access to kitchen, cafe, 2 family rooms with couches etc

Did anyone know some Morrison's stores are letting community groups meet in their cafes and training rooms?! Just saw a poster the other day. My hall is at risk of 'booting us out' as it's not a church anymore and we have a Morrison's down the road! Think I'm going to need to give them a buzz for info. They have always been very nice to us in the past with donations and bag packing. (I wonder if you get priority bag packing? hmmmmm now that would be good lol)

5. Tink

Tink (Newbie)

We pay 75pence per girl per 2 hour meeting.

6. sweets154

sweets154 Veteran (100+ posts)

We pay a levy per head per term instead of rent per se (we're using a Scout Hut). So this year I'll end up paying £640.

7. canielle

canielle Veteran (100+ posts)

We pay £17 a week but the church take it one lump sum for the year at the same time census is due. This means we have to work out well in advance how long each term will be. We do however get unrestricted access to the kitchen a grassy area outside to use and somewhere to store all our equipment.

8. ssujh1

ssujh1 Veteran (100+ posts)

Did you get anywhere with this Madmonkey? would be interested to know

9. Squirrel-Nutkin

Squirrel-Nutkin The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)

£15 a night

10. Rattyhorses

Rattyhorses Asst Rainbow/Brownie/Guide leader GuiderPlus

We pay £36 a year for the local school hall each for rainbows and brownies and we get rent free for the local priory for guides (we are not a sponsored unit in anyway)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. snowy91

snowy91 Fully warranted Brownie Guider

We pay £25 a meeting (1.5 hrs).
    We have a tiny hall, free use if the kitchen (but it's a pretty rubbish kitchen) and use if a kind of playground/garden area (it's a centre for adults with learning disabilities).
    Hopefully though we will be in our new hall soon! Which is £20 a night for about twice the space :) :) and it will be brand new!!

12. sarah_snowy

sarah_snowy Beginner (10+ posts)

We meet at a local church hall and pay £11.50 for an hour and a half.

13. Koolyn

Koolyn Beginner (10+ posts)

We pay $80/week. For this we get full use of the building, the occasional use of the kitchen in a neighbouring building and use of the extensive outdoor space. It's quite expensive when we are only using it for 4.5 hours a week (3 units at 1.5hrs each), but according to everyone it works out about the same as if we had rates, electricity and insurance to pay.

14. MummySquirrel

MummySquirrel Veteran (100+ posts)

We meet at our Church Hall but as we are classed as Internal groups (we have a Rainbow Unit, Brownie Pack and Guide Unit, as well as all sections of the Scout Movement) We pay 60p per person per meeting, we have use of a decent size modern kitchen and a tennis court sized grassed area between the church and hall meaning it is enclosed and out of sight of passers-by. We know we are very lucky to have these facilities as no other units in our district is so fortunate.