• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Official Info: How to get there!!!! :) :)

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
Please find attached the route instructions of how to get to Bradley Wood if you are planning to come by car.

We will be creating another thread for transport especially for those who are coming by train.

Attachments

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
ADDRESS: BRADLEY WOOD CAMPSITE, SHEPHERDS THORN LANE, BRIGHOUSE, HD6 3TU

Just in case anyone is looking for the address without having to open the above attachment.

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
lol - nope, used google and selected carefully exactly where we should be going, looking at what the signs say. Fingers crossed it will mean we stay the RIGHT side of the motorway!!

LFC_dragonfly

Veteran (100+ posts)
If you put the postcode into Google maps, like Wren said, you get the right location on a map.

Print that out, better than any silly sat nav!!

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
Unless they've made it bigger, the sign is dead easy to miss. So go fairly slowly once you get about a mile or so up the hill to give you chance to turn! (I've found if I'm doing the speed limit I'm more likely to miss it)

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
The Bradley Wood Sign is in green but I'm hoping to nip up there to add the G2G7 sign if I can get the time but my MIL may do it for me!!! :)

Purpleellen1976

Guide Guider and mad woman
GuiderPlus
Any advice if you're coming from somewhere not on the east or west of the site? Like the south, I'll be coming up the M1, so far my sav nav directions look sensible enough but I just want to check.

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Once you turn onto the site - where are we headed for? I've heard people say that there are a few buildings on the site - which do we head towards, or will you have balloons and banners leading the way??!

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
I expect I shall explore both sides of the motorway! Because I am bound to forget a google map, have to use the sat nav and do a good meander :(

ker-stee

SGP Enthusiast
GuiderPlus
Park in the bottom car park... follow the road until you get to a big metal gate! (You'll have already passed a big car park and a building)

From there balooons, noise, signs... the building is very near there!

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I know Jelly has my mobile number, but it might be a good idea for a few numbers to be passed around in case people hit problems :)

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
Which building are we heading for? Charles Wilson or Woodhouse Lodge?

For those who don't know the site, Woodhouse Lodge is opposite the carpark, across the field, CW you need to head down the road and turn left at the 'crossroads'.

The greenhouse like bit on the side of a building near the carpark is the infamous swimming pool

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Which building are we heading for? Charles Wilson or Woodhouse Lodge?

For those who don't know the site, Woodhouse Lodge is opposite the carpark, across the field, CW you need to head down the road and turn left at the 'crossroads'.

The greenhouse like bit on the side of a building near the carpark is the infamous swimming pool
You're confusing me now (and I get slightly paranoid when I'm not sure where I am going - hence the meticulous googling of roads today) :S