• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

I hope someone can help me..........

quietbrownowl

Veteran (100+ posts)
Does anyone know if I would be able to get one of the Centenary Dartington Crystal Glass Votives anywhere? My one has just been broken and I am absolutly devestated as I got it as a present along with my 10 years service as it falls on my birthday. Ive had a look at centenary items on trading services but its not there :( can anyone help me or advise me where to look please?

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
Try emailing / phoning trading. I've not been able to find things before that actually have been on sale still, but there is the chance that htey may have taken things off the website but still have one or two in stock

Squirrel-Nutkin

The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)
I agree, its worth phoning around the trading shops and explaining and just hoping they still have an odd one in stock somewhere

also a few shops on ebay - might be worth emailing them on the off chance they have one

quietbrownowl

Veteran (100+ posts)
Thank you for all the replies. Trading doesn't have any in stock :( so I ordered 1 from http://www.scout-and-guide-shop.co.u...on_Items2.htm on Friday. Received an email yesterday saying I hadn't paid for it but I did via paypal and thought maybe confusion was because I used 2 different email addresses. Phoned up just now got the paypal problem sorted out (she hadn't noticed it). So got it all sorted out and when I asked how long it took to be sent out I was told they didn't have the item in stock and haven't had for 6months! I asked why website didn't say this I was told she just hadn't been bothered to update it. Fingers crossed I get my refund. Cue one very upset and tearful me now :(

So still looking for one if anyone knows where I would get one???

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
Have you tried to ring all shops including the ones in Scotland as I was after something and couldn't get any from trading so in the end I emailed to all Scottish shops and other shops in the UK and found out a shop in Scotland did have something that I needed so quickly on the phone to them and paid and it came next day!

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Have you tried Dartington direct ?
I was there earlier this year and they don't have anything like that.They only have their current and end of line stuff in their shop, certainly not any GGUK or other specially produced stuff. It might be worth asking them though, but I would say it would be a long shot.

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I've just looked on their website and whilst there are no Guiding items there, they do a lot of bespoke or one off stuff, they may be able to produce one, clearly at a cost but I wouldn't have thought it would be impossible.

quietbrownowl

Veteran (100+ posts)
Looked on dartington website and when I did a search nothing came up. Have emailed some guide shops but can't find email addresses for them all

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Notts shop used to have an email address, but it's not there anymore. I will PM you the telephone number.