• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

I'm a ... guider part 60

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
Not heard anything about it, has there been an announcement about it?
Re: 18-25 Transforming The Senior Section
My understanding is that it’s a work in progress. It keeps being referred to as things like “offering” rather than “section”. I think there is an announcement due in January (?).

My guess is that it will end up being something a bit more like Scout Network, which if I understand correctly is self governing groups of individuals who meet up, with an area volunteer who checks in on them rather than being their “leader”.

It also looks like you would need another role to be involved, ie at the moment you could be a 20 YO member of a TSS unit and have no volunteering roles- but under the new scheme you’d have to be a UH with a younger section etc.

This is mainly guessing from what’s been in the emails though!

Last edited:
I'm really pleased that it's going to be called Rangers, as I was one - but we'll have to see how it develops and addresses the needs of that age group (which I am no longer, but my teenage daughters are!)

Also, I'm a guider who's very tired after Brownie Holiday!

Kochanski

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'm a Guider who, after detecting a leak that must have been going on for years, needs to replace the entire bathroom - from joists and floorboards through suite and tiles to paint. There's a bewildering range of options but you can't get my preferred combination of them in my preferred colours. .. of course!

Kochanski

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'm a Guider who spent ages applying for a job then got an email saying sorry,the ad should have been withdrawn as the position has been filled already.

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
I’m a Guider wishing congratulations to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. That should sort at least one nights worth of activities at Brownies!

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I’m a Guider wishing congratulations to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. That should sort at least one nights worth of activities at Brownies!
I'm a Guiders thinking thank goodness the speculation is over but am not particularly fussed by it and really don't have any time for her. Gut feeling is not impressed.

Maybe unfair but good luck to him...

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

ker-stee

SGP Enthusiast
GuiderPlus
I'm a guider who is saying goodbye to 7 Brownies tonight as they leave for Guides. Looking forward (And nervous!) about welcoming up to 9 new girls in January...

ker-stee

SGP Enthusiast
GuiderPlus
I'm a Guider looking at Sixes... We currently have 22 girls and are due quite a number this year so we're going to go up to 5 sixes for forward planning. Means at the moment though I only have 4 or 5 in each six... Trying to work out sixers is difficult though!

ker-stee

SGP Enthusiast
GuiderPlus
I'm a Guider going carol singing with the Brownies and Guides tonight. Well, kinda am - it starts at 6 and I don't finish work til 6. Hoping i'll make it by 6.30 for the last half an hour.

Sent my assistant Guider with the consent forms and some thank you stickers.

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
I’m a Guider who has noticed an increase in WTD being added to lists of “fake” and “silly” holidays/celebrations on social media comedy/lifestyle groups. Last year I kept getting ads for adult colouring books on a “Thinking day sale”! Perhaps this year there should be more publicity about WTD (could link into adult recruitment) - I’d hate to see a special Guiding day become known by the public for being a non related “made up day”…