1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

I'm a ... guider part 60

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mazi159, May 25, 2016.

1. badgemad4

badgemad4 Veteran (100+ posts)

I’m a Guider who got a note sent to the unit addressed to “barn owl”. To my understanding the unit hasn’t had a barn owl since the 1990s!

2. MummySquirrel

MummySquirrel Veteran (100+ posts)

I'm a guider who has been checking lists......Indoor Res with Guides next weekend. Unfortunately the leader who acts as QM. is having an operation and won't be with us....she will be missed. Wide Game for first night has been organised and an Escape Room type of activity has been sorted by the daughter of one of the other leaders for the 2nd night. Route for walk sorted just stuff for daytime activities to be gathered together. Only 12 girls attending this time as I mistakenly booked for the end of half term and some are away on holiday, so could be a nice quiet one!!!!

3. cerys80

cerys80 Brownie Leader

I'm a guider who hasn't been on here for a long time, so hello everyone :)

Also a guider who has just gone back to work full time in a new role, has a poorly assistant leader and YLs who are not always available now that they are starting to prep for exams. So feeling a bit stretched at times to say the least, but we have supportive parents and it makes me smile each week, so on we plough.

4. Ech18

Ech18 Veteran (100+ posts)

I’m a Guider who carried the flag at church parade this morning. Haven’t done that for about 20 years!

(Someone thought booking it for half term would work before you ask, the other leader did the reading)

5. badgemad4

I am a Guider slightly bemused by the current glitch on Go that’s giving false length of service reports- who knew that it was possible to have negative years service?!

(It’s a previously know and apparently resolved issue. I have reported it again though).

6. Quack

Quack Veteran (100+ posts) Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

I tend to agree, it appears to be young leaders below 16, that I can see....but there are other issues. Some pre-warrant service appears to have vanished too. It is worth everyone checking their own records....

Sent from my SGP712 using Tapatalk

7. badgemad4

I am a Guider passing on a reminder that paper £10 won’t be accepted by some banks or most places after 1st March 2018. I’ve seen a suggested check list:
    • Guiding “emergency purse/envelope” s tucked in residential/unit folders or first aid kits
    • Unit cash floats
    • Email to parents to let them know when the cut off is for paying subs with them is.
    The Bank of England (and I’m guessing regional variations) will always exchange old notes though.