• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

"I'm A Survivor... GUIDE Me Out Of Here!" Challenge

BexP

Veteran (100+ posts)
Looking for a new challenge for the New Year?

Glasgow South Division Senior Section have created "I'm a Survivor... GUIDE me out of here!". The challenge is suitable for all ages and includes step-by-step instructions on how to compete the activities - perfect for a busy leader!

For more information or to download the pack please visit http://glasgowsouthseniorsection.org.uk/

Badges are currently in stock and can be ordered using the form at the back of the challenge pack. Alternatively, you can complete the attached form and email it back to us if you're paying electronically.

Attachments

Last edited:

BexP

Veteran (100+ posts)
For those of you wondering what the "real" badge looks like, please see the attached photo.

Many units from all over the country have shown an interest in this challenge. We therefore suggest that you email us (details available in the challenge pack) with your expected badge requirements as you start the challenge.

Attachments

mcclouk1

Veteran (100+ posts)
Received the following feed back today:

The guides had a great time at the challenge. The highlights were the dog food and the digging for stars in the gunk.

As always the s'mores were the biggest hit.

Thanks for a great evening.

We are saving the worms in dirt for a summer activity

BexP

Veteran (100+ posts)
Due to popular demand, we are about to put in a second order for badges.

If you are working on (or about to start) the challenge, could you please comment below with your unit name and the number of badges you will require. Alternatively, please email glasgowsouthseniorsection@gmail.com if you have not done so already. This will allow us to keep enough badges in stock to quickly fill your orders when received. We don’t want to keep you waiting for badges!

Thank you for your support – it is very much appreciated!

mcclouk1

Veteran (100+ posts)
I was a Glasgows County Meeting this week and was told a large number of units will be doing this challenge - the units have been asked to e-mail you with numbers incase the latest order is not sufficient

CrystalQueen

Beginner (10+ posts)
We just used this as the basis for an indoor weekend and the girls had a great time. A really well thought out challenge with a good variety of activities!

BexP

Veteran (100+ posts)
Thanks CrystalQueen. So glad you and the girls enjoyed the challenge.

If you have any photos (particularly of craft and food creations!) that you'd be willing to share, we'd love if you would email them to glasgowsouthseniorsection@gmail.com.

I'll be sure to pass your feedback on to the rest of the unit :)

BexP

Veteran (100+ posts)
A new batch of badges have arrived and are ready to be re-homed.

If you haven't already completed the challenge, visit our website (http://glasgowsouthseniorsection.org.uk) and click "download the pack". Our recently updated activity pack now contains even more fun and games so you're bound to find something to suit everyone, from Rainbows right through to Senior Section. The jungle drums tell us that leaders are loving it too!

I know that many units are very busy celebrating the Big Brownie Birthday and the Commonwealth Games right now. Don't panic - the badges will continue to be for sale throughout the year.

BexP

Veteran (100+ posts)
Just wanted to share with you all some photos from my own Brownies who had an "I'm A Survivor... GUIDE Me Out Of Here!" themed Big Brownie Birthday party.

Barn Owl brought along her furry (and not so furry) friends and the girls got a chance to look, stroke or hold the animals.

A great time was had by all!

Attachments

Sunny2nd

Guide and Ranger Leader
GuiderPlus
Just wanted to share with you all some photos from my own Brownies who had an "I'm A Survivor... GUIDE Me Out Of Here!" themed Big Brownie Birthday party.

Barn Owl brought along her furry (and not so furry) friends and the girls got a chance to look, stroke or hold the animals.

Brown Owl must have a house like mine! :D

BexP

Veteran (100+ posts)
Thankfully they're not all kept in her flat - she works part time for a company that do animal parties for kids!

Speaking of which, if anyone would like more info about the company, visit http://www.minizoo.org.uk.

They only cover Scotland but I'm sure there will be similar south of the border!

BexP

Veteran (100+ posts)
Just a little reminder - if you will be requiring badges before the summer holidays, please email glasgowsouthseniorsection@gmail.com or send me a PM with your unit name and badge requirements.

Many thanks to those of you who have already been in touch - from the sound of things there will be lots of "I'm A Survivor" themed meeting nights, sleepovers, pack holidays and camps taking place throughout the summer term!

If you want to know more about the requirements of the badge, the detailed activity pack (with step-by-step instructions for each activity) can be found by visiting http://glasgowsouthseniorsection.org.uk and clicking "download the pack".

If you haven't done so already, I suggest you check it out!

BexP

Veteran (100+ posts)
Over 60 units from around the world have already taken part in "I'm A Survivor... GUIDE Me Out Of Here!" at weekly meetings, pack holidays/camps and even during a mothers and daughters event!

Leaders have found the pack to be very helpful - detailed instructions for each activity are provided, unlike many other challenge packs which leave you guessing. One very grateful leader even went so far as to describe it as "An Idiot's Guide..."

Badges are still in stock so, if you're looking for ideas for next term's programme, why not visit http://glasgowsouthseniorsection.org.uk and click "download the pack"

BexP

Veteran (100+ posts)
It's been a busy week at "I'm A Survivor..." HQ, with lots of enquiries and orders.

We are posting orders the day they are received because we would hate to keep all you wonderful leaders waiting for your deliveries. Because of this, we need to keep a careful eye on stock levels.

So, if you are planning to complete the challenge before the summer holidays, please let us know as soon as possible. All it takes is an email to glasgowsouthseniorsection@gmail.com with your unit name and number of badges required. You are not committed to buying any badges until your cheque is received (and we won't even hold a grudge if you change your mind!).

On behalf of the Senior Section, I'd like to say a massive "thank you!" to all the units who have participated in the challenge so far. You really make all the hard work worthwhile :)

BexP

Veteran (100+ posts)
It has been 21 weeks since we launched "I'm A Survivor... GUIDE Me Out Of Here!"

In that time, we've had over 2,500 visits to our website and sold nearly 2,000 badges. We are totally blown away by the support shown by units from all across the world.

The money we have raised so far will be used to help members of our Senior Section go on international adventures. Hopefully they won't encounter any of the creepy crawlies included in the challenge!

If you haven't already taken part in the challenge and would like to find out more, please visit http://glasgowsouthseniorsection.org.uk/?guiders and click "download the pack" for a copy of the step-by-step instructions for each activity, as well as a badge order form.

Thank you.

Squirrel-Nutkin

The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)

love the tortoise! that is one huge variety of animals you had there :D

not so sure about he coachroaches (think thats what they were)

BexP

Veteran (100+ posts)
love the tortoise! that is one huge variety of animals you had there :D

not so sure about he coachroaches (think thats what they were)
You are right - they're Madagascan hissing cockroaches.

The Brownies loved seeing animals they wouldn't normally get a chance to and proved themselves to be much, much braver than I am by holding them and letting them crawl all over their hands, arms and faces!