• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

"I'm A Survivor... GUIDE Me Out Of Here!" Challenge

mcclouk1

Veteran (100+ posts)
If you are thinking of doing this badge next term could you give us an idea of numbers - i intend to put an order in later this month as our enquiry list is getting close to matching my supply again and I do not want to run out - but I am not sure how many to go for - have been ordering batches of 2000

BexP

Veteran (100+ posts)
Exactly one year since we first launched the challenge and it's still going strong, with over 5,500 badges sold to date.

If you haven't already subjected your girls to a bushtucker trial, developed their teamwork through survival tasks, or created some weird and wonderful jungle creatures, visit http://glasgowsouthseniorsection.org.uk and click "download the pack".

Jungle drums and Tarzan yells are lost on our city-based unit, so if you need any help, or would like to reserve badges for your unit, email glasgowsouthseniorsection @ gmail.com, comment here, or tweet @SouthDivSenSec. We love hearing from you!

BexP

Veteran (100+ posts)
Stocks are beginning to run low again so if you're currently working on the challenge, or are planning to start it during the next term, please let us know.

As always, email glasgowsouthseniorsection @ gmail.com, comment here, PM me, or tweet @SouthDivSenSec.

mcclouk1

Veteran (100+ posts)
Now require badges for 4 district camps and a total of 450 girls - thats a lot of 'dog food'. Will be ordering in the next week or so to make sure we don't run out - if you are planning on this over next few months can you let Rebecca know so I can do one big order?

BexP

Veteran (100+ posts)
Thank you both. I have made a note of your badge requirements and will set the badges aside for you.

Please do not hesitate to ask should you have any questions regarding the activities suggested in the pack, and feel free to adapt as you wish.

I look forward to hearing how your units get on with the challenge!

Do you still have plenty of these badges left? Currently planning the activities for this year and thinking of doing this badge, but probably not until nearer the summer.

BexP

Veteran (100+ posts)
Hi vtaylor,

Yes, we still have plenty of badges left and are planning to reorder again soon.

If you PM me your estimated numbers, or email them to glasgowsouthseniorsection @ gmail.com, I will have the badges set aside for you.

I hope you and your unit enjoy the challenge if you decide to do it!

mcclouk1

Veteran (100+ posts)
BexP - had confirmation that next order will be with us in about 4 weeks (extra 2 weeks because of holidays). I still have 600 badges at present which may or may not last us ( last week was a bumper week for sales)

Last edited:

BexP

Veteran (100+ posts)
The thought of the summer term is clearly bringing out a wicked streak in Leaders all across the country - we've had loads of requests for badges for sleepovers, pack holidays, and Guide camps.

Feeding a whole camp dog food for dinner, or worms and dirt for dessert, is sure to make for an unforgettable experience!

BexP

Veteran (100+ posts)
Do you have badges available? We would be looking for about 50, but numbers not confirmed yet so may be more. Thanks.
Yes, badges are still available. We have another batch due to arrive next week and, when they do, I will set 50 of them aside for you. If you end up needing more that's not an issue - just let me know and we will allocate you extras.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions about activities etc. Thanks :)

Quite a number of people from here have expressed interest and we have put badges aside. I have just had a 'realisation' - they stay aside forever as the user names on here don't match the names or e-mail addresses when the order arrives!!!!! -- if you have ordered, having previously enquired through here could you let us know!

mcclouk1

Veteran (100+ posts)
Not only have we had order number 300, we have had about 50 more. Our supply of badges is now much lower than our enquiries but I have another order due in on 15th May. I am holding badges for some people who asked for them through this site but I am not sure if they have ordered using their 'real name'. If you have done this could you check your private messages as I will have asked if you still require them - would really help with my stock control as I am getting an average of 3 or more orders every day now

MummyOwl

Brownie Leader
Hiya
I am running my Pack Holiday with this theme but - possibly because it has inspired so many of the Brownies?? - we have more Brownies coming than I have badges! I may need 4 or 5 more... although I'm not sure if our Brownie helpers are coming, so don't want to send an order just yet.... I'll let you know as soon as I know!
VERY excited!!!

mcclouk1

Veteran (100+ posts)
I am pleased you are excited - I will keep some aside under the name of mummy owl - would be grateful if when you send your order in you add mummy owl to the name so I can match it up - I have loads of badges put aside for people who have probably ordered because I can't natch them to enquiries!