• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

In desparate need of new games

As a unit we make sure we fit in time for a game every week! However at this moment we cant think of any new games for the new term and girls are getting fed up of the same games all the time! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

What section do you work with and what do you currently play?
I work with rainbows, brownies and guides.
We already play jungles on fire, Captains Coming, Grannys Shopping Basket, Splat, Stations, (with brownies)
Hedgehogs, Duck duck goose, Giants wizards and elves, traffic lights (With Rainbows)

JJJJ1980

Brownie Leader x 3
our brownies like monkey football, eights, fish&chips&peas, Rockets, stars or planets, fe.fi.fo.fum, rats & rabbits, germ game, beans, jump the blob, and some others that I can't think of right now. Pm me if you want to know how to play any of these.

Batty Owl

Veteran (100+ posts)
Our brownies current favourites are, Aslan's army, squirrels in the trees, hunt the coin, Ice Queen, princess and guard, exploding Cinderella and poor pussy. Message me if you need details of how to play any of these :)

KatyOwl

Beginner (10+ posts)
our brownies like monkey football, eights, fish&chips&peas, Rockets, stars or planets, fe.fi.fo.fum, rats & rabbits, germ game, beans, jump the blob, and some others that I can't think of right now. Pm me if you want to know how to play any of these.
How do you play stars or planets?

KatyOwl

Beginner (10+ posts)
I work with rainbows, brownies and guides.
We already play jungles on fire, Captains Coming, Grannys Shopping Basket, Splat, Stations, (with brownies)
Hedgehogs, Duck duck goose, Giants wizards and elves, traffic lights (With Rainbows)
How do you play granny's shopping basket? And giant wizards and elves? Thank you

Batty Owl

Veteran (100+ posts)
Here are a couple of the ones I mentioned Sandra, which other ones would you like to know about?
Squirrels in the trees
Choose 1 girl to be the treeless squirrel and 1 to be the dog chasing her. The other players get into groups of 3. In those groups of 3, 2 girls hold hands in a small circle around the third girl. These 2 are the tree, the one they surround is a squirrel. There can only be 1 squirrel in any tree. Dog chases treeless squirrel who may duck into any tree and so "dislodge" the resident squirrel who must then run away from the dog and may also dodge into a tree. When dog catches the squirrel they swap places with the nearest tree and so get a rest. Swop the roles of tree and squirrel at regular intervals so everyone has a chance to run if they want to.

Ice Queen
One girl is chosen to be the Ice Queen. She stands, blindfolded at one end of the playing area holding a wand, (our case a cardboard tube). The other players are sent in groups of 3 or 4 to try and steal the wand. The Ice Queen points to where she thinks she hears movement. If she is correct, that person is "frozen and must sit down where they are. First person to touch the Ice Queen becomes the next Queen and the whole thing starts again.
Enjoy :)

JJJJ1980

Brownie Leader x 3
Stars, rockets planets.

All girls space out facing the same direction. One is chosen to stand at the front with her back to the others. On the count of three the rest of the group make themselves into the shape of a star or a rocket or planet(curl up in a ball). The person at the front then has a count down and also make a shape. Anyone with the same shape is out. Keep it moving quickly and girls only have to sit out for a minute or so.