1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

I've "lost" a girl off my waiting list, help!

Discussion in 'GO Streamline Help' started by Batty Owl, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Batty Owl

Batty Owl Veteran (100+ posts)

As the tittle says, I logged on to Joinus today and found one of my waiting list girls has disappeared. She's not old enough to join until next Easter so I have time to find her again, but please does anyone know what might have happened?

2. emmaluvseeyore

emmaluvseeyore Brownie Leader and Ranger Assistant

The parent may have contacted CHQ to ask her to be removed or moved to a different unit (for example if they have moved house). This happened to a girl on one of the waiting lists in my district, and the leaders got very confused. As it was within district, I was able to see where she had gone because I am district key user.

3. Batty Owl

Thanks Emma, I'll try our district key user and see if she can see what's happened

4. Squirrel-Nutkin

Squirrel-Nutkin The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)

if she has been on waiting list a while, they may have gotten removed because they didn't reply to automatically generated emails asking if they still wish to remain on waiting list - believe emails get generated every 6 months to comply with data protection act

5. Batty Owl

Well, my district Join us person has come up trumps and here is her reply although I have removed names for privacy.

A girl can only be on Join Us once and she is on it waiting to be a Rainbow at (Village near us) Rainbows so although her Mum obviously put her on as both wanting to be a Rainbow and a Brownie the system took her off the Brownie list!! Really annoying I must say so I have emailed CHQ to ask how we are meant to deal with this situation. I will email the Rainbow Guider and see if there is any chance of her joining Rainbows before April and if not we can change her to be on your waiting list!
    It does make you wonder how many others are “lost”!
    Hope that helps for now
    Your Join us person

6. Pixielation

Pixielation Brown Owl (x2)

I've had one disappear with no trace. She was no longer in the system at all, and had to be recreated. It was a record only a few weeks old, and the parent hadn't asked for it to be removed, there was a duplicate - but both had gone.

7. emmaluvseeyore

emmaluvseeyore Brownie Leader and Ranger Assistant

The system doesn't delete people on its own. It must have been someone higher up the chain that noticed the duplication (maybe at County level) and deleted the duplicate.

8. Ech18

Ech18 Veteran (100+ posts)

This is interesting in my humble opinion it makes perfect sense to be on 2 or 3 Rainbow lists and a Brownie list. Is be very interested in the answer.

9. Quack

Quack Veteran (100+ posts) Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

On the basis that we use Join Us as part of the tool for planning, it would throw up all sorts of issues if an individual were on more than one waiting list. For instance I have a District with an extremely popular Brownie Unit and one that is struggling for numbers and may close. I check the waiting lists and the local Rainbow units that feed into the two units to try and judge if in 6 months struggling unit will have new members or not. What if the 10 girls waiting were the same 10 on the popular list ?

I can see the point being down for different sections and that could be regulated I think with one profile but I wouldn't agree to more than one unit in a section.

10. Batty Owl

I think we maybe do need to have the ability on Join us to have girls on waiting lists for more than one section. That is what is happening here. The child is now waiting for a chance to be a Rainbow and has 9 months before she can be a Brownie. Her chances of being a Rainbow are not good as the unit has quite a long waiting list but Mum wants to stay on that list on the off chance that a place becomes available. However if the same child is allowed to be on my Brownie waiting list now she stands a reasonable chance of getting in to Brownies by the time she is seven, but not if she has to wait to be seven before she can go on the Brownie waiting list.

11. SnowyOwl Sam

SnowyOwl Sam Regular (50+ posts)

I think that in some cases this maybe glitches from the JoinUs was originally set up. Girls that were on waiting lists for brownies joined Rainbows but the Brownie joinus/waiting to join record was still active. We had this problem a few months ago. DivC was reviewing Div joinUs and noticed it (she runs the new Rainbow unit too). Email out to all units affected with membership number advising to add to waiting to transfer list as JoinUs record was being deleted. We al knew what had happened then.

12. Pixielation

Pixielation Brown Owl (x2)

I know with my missing record that my first port of call was my district commissioner, and she said no-one had deleted it as far as she knew.

But just yesterday a rainbow leader who had duplicates in, deleted one and they both went.

I had a girl on my active member list twice, but in her case it was because she had two roles in the same unit. I just ended and inactivated one of them and that fixed that. I am wondering if this was the case for the rainbow leader, but she didn't realise.