• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Official Info: Kit List

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
If it is any help KatieW, I tend to wear guide wear because it is a good way of using some of the mountain of stuff and I cannot see the point in messing up other clothing.

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
Same here.

I mean, if you WANTED to turn up dressed all smart, then no-one will stop you. You'll just look a bit out of place!! But equally, if you want to wear non-Guiding stuff, you'll not be criticised or look out of place.

TJ.

Wonder Woman In Training
Same here.

I mean, if you WANTED to turn up dressed all smart, then no-one will stop you. You'll just look a bit out of place!! But equally, if you want to wear non-Guiding stuff, you'll not be criticised or look out of place.
Cough. I shall be in workwear when I arrive. I work about 15 mins away from Drum Hill, but live a good 40 mins in another direction, so have decided not to go home and change.

Cazbly

Cough. I shall be in workwear when I arrive. I work about 15 mins away from Drum Hill, but live a good 40 mins in another direction, so have decided not to go home and change.
Tis ok - don't you remember me arriving in a suit ........... and heels!

Purpleellen1976

Guide Guider and mad woman
GuiderPlus
Same here.

Don't forget, some of us are not actively guiding at the mo so may not even have guider clothes to hand (or want to wear them). So really it's a case of 'anything goes' :)

Cazbly

Then chucking your suit jacket and the floor while cursing your workplace. Never forget the first time I met you :)
I don't think I cursed them hard enough when I look at what they did to my health :(

BTW - mission accomplished at Hautbois!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeccaSooty

Brownie Guider
GuiderPlus
Same here.

I'm coming straight from work, so I'll be reasonably smart too, Haven't decided yet whether to get changed before leaving school or when I get to G2G! I might try to get away with wearing converse for the day rather than heels!

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Yep, I'm in the no dress code club too!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
Okay, I'll rephrase my earlier comment - you may look out of place if you choose to remain in smart clothing all weekend! But if anyone has a bad day and replicates Caz chucking her jacket forcefully at the wall, can we please have a few nanosecs warning to get out of the way?

I'll kind of be in the straight from work camp, but as I do drive within 1/4 mile of my flat to get to Drum Hill from work I'll have my bag packed and waiting by the door. Oh, and I don't think BAWRG would be best pleased if I didn't swing by my flat, and instead left her standing there waiting.

I may get changed, I may not - I'm with the can wear what I want crowd.

Kittys_Butterfly

Guide Guider + International Advisor
Thankfully I'm not at work on Friday. I'm sure people would be a little confused if I turned up in my nurses uniform. And no its not how some members of the public imagine nurses uniform! Mine resembles a tent :(
I shall however have come from my guides so will be in uniform. (Why I thought it was a good idea to run guides and then drive the 3 hours to Drum Hill.....??)

TJ.

Wonder Woman In Training
Bedding: Is it a good idea to bring a sheet? Are the beds wrapped in those horid plastic sheets?
That's one for Balderick and Emma, I'm afraid. I was really ill the weekend they did the site visit, so I don't know. Unfortunately, they were away camping this weekend so couldn't check.

Hopefully they'll check in tomorrow :)

Cazbly

I do not possess any clothes I wish to trash, those clothes that were trashworthy have already been trashed!!!!!