• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Information: Large-Scale/International Camps

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
This is a thread to place all the large-scale camps coming up. I will try to edit this post to include any others that are also mentioned elsewhere so at least we have one thread listing them all. I will also link to the thread that is referring to the individual camps or the event's main website.

Essex Jamboree 2012
Brumjam 2012
Giggles 2013
World Scout Moot 2013
Kent International Jamboree 2013
Jambe 2013
AJ13 - Auchengillan Jamboree 2013, in Scotland, open to both Guides/Scouts
Poacher 2013
Arden International 2014
Wings 2014
Norjam 2014
www.redrose.co.uk 2014

Please let me know if any more should be added.

Last edited by a moderator:

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
Jambe - http://www.belgium2013.be/

It is less than 3000 as it's on a Scout camp site with a maximum of 1500 people, I think (the drains could only just cope with that last time and they had to keep shutting toilet blocks / showers off for an hour to allow the water to go down a bit as all the toilets were just filling up!), but it is abroad, but easy to get to - for people in the south east it's closer than a camp in many parts of the UK

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Thanks Ker-stee. Think I've updated everything, but let me know if anyone has a link or anything else to add :)

Upper Austrian Guides and Scouts are holding their 13th International Camp - PLANET'13 at teh Scout Camp Austria campsite nr. St Georgen in Attergau between 5-14 August 2013, at the door of the "Lake District" of Austria, the 'Salzkammergut'. Teh city of Salzburg is nearby and of course nearby are all the film settings of the film 'Sound of Music'. But for Guides/Senior Section wanting more adventure there is plenty to choose from. The camp fee is € 280,– per person and is inclusive of food and activities. Its also possible to partnering with a local Austrian group - for cultural exchanges / home hospitality after the camp etc.

The Camp Motto is 'My Heart goes Boom, Boom..' and we hope that yours is also motivated after reading the full info on this international camp see the dedicated website HERE

just seen on Facebook...

Roll of the drum........we are pleased to announce that the dates for BrumJam 2016 are announced - 30th July - 6th August 2016. More info will follow during 2013 but if you'd like to register for info then please drop us a note at info@brumjam.org and we'll contact you. Lots of exciting plans are being talked about for BrumJam 2016 - hope to see you all there.....!!!

LauraOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
Turn to page 38 in this months Guiding Mag for the Arden 2014 advert...hope you all get registering soon...it's going to be bigger and better than ever!

laurad82

assistant guide leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Red Rose 2014.
From 26th July - 2nd August
Is an international camp run by West Lancs Scouts, but open to Guides too. It's held at the Westmorland Showground near Kendal.

www.redrose.org.uk
There's a Facebook page too:)

Participants - £150
Leaders - £75
Staff (catered) - £75
Staff (self-catering) - £25

Last edited: