1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Last minuite - warmth question

Discussion in 'G2G6 Glamorgan' started by Claratrix, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Claratrix

Claratrix Veteran (100+ posts)

Hi,

Am packing sleeping bags ect. How cold is it in the sleeping areas? is it layer up and freeze type temperature or will there be some warmth so we can pack indoor weight sleeping gear?

Thanks

Clare

2. GuidingKB

GuidingKB Brownie Guider

I've just got one sleeping bag, so will be bringing that and my camp blanket!

3. JMW1

JMW1 Guide Leader GuiderPlus

Don't know I'm afraid but am constrained for space on plane so if I want any clothes....I think the camp blanket might not make the cut!!!

4. jennthedeadfunkyranger

jennthedeadfunkyranger Guide Guider GuiderPlus

I'm planning on two season sleeping bag with a liner, and camp blanket. I'd rather take too many layers of bedding and get rid of some than not enough and be too cold.

I get cold easily, as those who shared a room with me at Brownsea know, where I ended up with everyone's spare blankets!

5. Claratrix

The issue with that is me carrying my kit around uni all day, I can't just shove in everything I really want to, as it has to fit under the desk in the library, next to me in lectures... ...

This packing light thing is hard!

6. LFC_dragonfly

LFC_dragonfly Veteran (100+ posts)

Clara, I'll shove an extra blanket in my car for you in case you need it, if you just bring your normal stuff!

7. jennthedeadfunkyranger

Ah, okay! I hate having to pack light - I can't do it! I've only been to one G2G by train, G2G4, and it was so much harder packing. I even drove all teh way to Belgium last year rather thantrying to take all my camping stuff on the train

8. raaowdot

raaowdot Administrator Staff Member

HI. Average warm sleeping bag and camp blanket will do. The accommodation is heated so should be okay. Although it's old cottage type buildings so may not be toasty.

Off to fill the car with food now in a minute. Absolutly pouring it down this morning! Not good for Golf or Camp Fires. Looks like it's starting to clear though so might be hot and sunny later. You never know in Wales you see like init.

9. blue_dreamer

blue_dreamer Veteran (100+ posts)

I got my sleeping bag and my camp blanket and towel are doubling up as a pillow coz I aint got room! :) I've already had 3 changes of jumper this morning as I decided I didn't want to go on the train in my Guiders hoodie with all my badges on! lol

I'm setting off in an hour and should see Dizzy and Mike at Barry by 1600 hopefully... can't wait now!!!

10. Chandra

Chandra Veteran (100+ posts) GuiderPlus

Glad I'm coming in the car with Smiley - looks like I'm going away for a whole week!!

11. cerys80

cerys80 Brownie Leader

yep don't think I've mastered the art of micro packing yet, still room for sparkly tho' :)

12. Smartie

Smartie Mod and wearer of many hats!! Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

I need to finish packing!

I'm good at Micro packing when i need to be, and this is the first g2g i will have been to where i haven't travelled at least part way on public transport!! So for once i am not trying to stuff everything into one rucksack :D

13. Broken.Owner

Broken.Owner Archery Goddess and Moderator GuiderPlus

i have 1 bag plus camp blanket for personal stuff... the rest of my boot looks obscene... i don't know what looks worse - the sweets or alcohol!!!

14. cerys80

cerys80 Brownie Leader

OH was looking at the 2 wine bottle/box carriers with alarm ... until I reassured him that there were 4 empty wine bottles and an empty pringles tube in there too :) He really thinks we are mad now !

15. Broken.Owner

Broken.Owner Archery Goddess and Moderator GuiderPlus

yours can't think you're worse than mine thinks i am alone! who else would voluntarily spend a weekend picking grapes from a vine you don't own and then making 22 gallons of wine in one go with them all! And then asking everyone around you to give you their recycling so you can bottle said wine!

16. jennthedeadfunkyranger

My luggage looks a bit mental but that's more because I can't find my sleeping bag's stuff sack, so it's uncompressed in a dry bag instead, I have the big bag of food (soooo glad to be getting rid of that from my hallway - it's been there since March and G2G5), and a sewing machine. I may well just throw in the kitchen sink for good measure

17. Claratrix

I have got my light weight sleeping bag, a jumper if i need it and my camp blanket which is v.warm, I can't justify lugging the 3-season monstrosity out in the pouring rain, or carting it into the majority of my induction lectures along with a large rucksack!

Dawn - if you could throw one in, just incase it is freezing. I should be fine, but if you have space for a just incase blanket that would be lovely :)

Clare

18. Smartie

Smartie Mod and wearer of many hats!! Staff Member Moderator GuiderPlus

Clare its fine, i'm sure we can squeeze one in! You can have my funky pink one :p

19. Smiley

Smiley Guide & SS Guider, Div Guide Advisor

My packing isn't too bad thank god cos it sounds like i'm going to need space in my car for Chandra's stuff.

I can also through a spare blanket if necessary.

20. Chandra

Chandra Veteran (100+ posts) GuiderPlus

Sorry!! I have a bag of craft, a bag full of wine, a bag my sleeping bag/pillow/camp blanket, a bag with my walking boots and rain coat and a bag with my clothes!! It does sound a lot doesn't it!!