• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Last minute meeting idea required

girlracer76

Brownie, Guide and Ranger Leader
HELP!!

I have been thrown in as the leader who was meant to be organising the meeting has phoned in sick for today (14th) I now have to organise a last minute meeting for around 10-12 rangers thats fun and with minimal equipment or none at all - any ideas would be greatly appreciated - am panicking slightly as i am also running a brownie meeting tonight!

thank you in advance x:eek:

snowy91

Fully warranted Brownie Guider
Guessing many are in the middle of exams. Or even just internal assessment weeks Or revision so something chilled.

- silly newspaper night?
- board/card games?
- silly games night?

Tawnyowl51

Veteran (100+ posts)
the weather is looking good, maybe an outdoor chill evening in the park just being visible to the public Could you combine it with your Brownie night - Senior section love being able to do 'kids' stuff but don't often get the chance cos it doesn't look cool, doing it with the brownies gives them that chance

bubblesaus

Veteran (100+ posts)
My Rangers love Minute-To-Win-It type games! :D Goggle it and pick out 10 or so that they can do with the equipment you will have available, get them each to pick one & learn how it works- then they can teach them to the other & give them a shot....
...with much giggling as leaders try to balance dice on a popsicle stick in their mouth :p

Epona

Veteran (100+ posts)
Good weather + exam stresses.

I strongly recommend food! Buy some disposable BBQs and a pile of ingredients. Let them cook and eat tonight.

BGleader

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Minute-to-win it games are a great idea, bubblesaus! Especially as they use household products so they are easy to put together.

JadedSho

Beginner (10+ posts)
Struggling to thing what to do with my girls tonight and came across this thread - perfect! Hopefully this'll help motivate them. Not the best time of year for them with so much school stress so they kinda don't want to *think* at Rangers