• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Leader Moving To Bath

elleeffe_13

Beginner (10+ posts)
Hi Everyone

I am a leader in New Zealand and my fabulous leader in training is moving to Bath to work at Bath Spa University. She was a Guide leader in New Zealand and I think would prefer to work with older girls.

Are there any contacts for the area for her to contact to see if she could help for the 10 months she is on contract?

Thanks in advance :)

Louise

qwerky

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Her best bet will be to use our contact system for volunteers:
https://enquiryv.girlguiding.org.uk/

this will send her details to the local volunteer coordinator who will be able to discuss local opportunities with her based on her location, availability and what she wants to get out of it.

elleeffe_13

Beginner (10+ posts)
Awesome thanks ladies

She is yet to find out where she will be living but I can pass on those details to her

I'm just glad she found a job :)

You guys have all the answers

Louise

qwerky

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
She is yet to find out where she will be living but I can pass on those details to her
That makes JoinUs even more useful as the volunteer/leadership coordinator will cover a wider geographic area. This should allow your LiT to discuss her options, and make contact with leaders in the area before she has details, then get back to them once she know where she's going to live and what time she can commit.

Whereas contacting a unit or a district directly will set possibly quite a small geographic area.