1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for another Guide unit to help at.

Discussion in 'Girlguiding North West England' started by Mythical, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Mythical

Mythical Regular (50+ posts)

I'm working on building up a Guide unit and definitely interested in helping at a second Guide unit for a term or two, (or more it's not like I'm doing anything else!) around Salford, Walkden or Leigh, just to see how it's done and how Guiding works differently in a different area.

Not sure if that's frowned upon, but I've never been the type to care about people who are frowning upon me.

Is this the right place to ask, of should I put another enquiry on Join us??

2. captain9th

captain9th Beginner (10+ posts) GuiderPlus

Hi I'm just finished my 2nd term of my new unit and I'm based in Warrington, your more than welcome to come and visit if it isn't to far. Or we can chat on here or by email for ideas help. Good luck with your new unit. :)

3. Mythical

Where in Warrington and what time do your meetings start?

4. fenris

fenris fenris GuiderPlus

Not a problem to work with more than one unit, but it may be wise to let your Commissioner know (otherwise she'll hear through the grapevine sooner or later). It's also wise to consider logistics - if the 2 units are attending an event you can only count in the ratios once, do they have any clashing commitments, and also, how would you be placed for a near - doubling of your commitment to this particular hobby?

5. Mythical

I've tried contacting my commissioner about a few things lately but I think she has quite a bit on her plate at the moment. I'll run it by her the next time I see her.

As far as logistics goes, this will be a temporary arrangement. I will, of course help the second unit as much as I can, but on the understanding that my priority is my original unit.

We don't have any big events planned for the next term or two but as you know a lot can happen in that time. If push comes to shove, I've got a few ideas how we could make that work.

6. nicolah

nicolah (Newbie)

I am from Manchester girlguiding - we can find you a unit to help at if you haven't already got sorted

7. Paulaj78

Paulaj78 Beginner (10+ posts)

I run a Guide unit in Westhoughton if that is any good?

8. Susie2

Susie2 (Newbie)

I run a small guide unit near Leigh which you are more than welcome to visit/ help with temporarily