1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for Guide or Scout or Accommodation in London

Discussion in 'Girlguiding London and South East England' started by Vickyinscotland, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Vickyinscotland

Vickyinscotland Veteran (100+ posts) GuiderPlus

Hi, I am looking for a Guide or Scout hall or cheap accommodation in London in March. We are a group of 36 Guides and Scouts travelling from down from Scotland for a training event but have limited budget. Happy to expand on details in a private message but don't want to give to much away as some of the Guides may read this. Thank you for any help in advance.

2. mazi159

mazi159 Assistant Guide Guider

Have you tried Pax Lodge?

3. snowy91

snowy91 Fully warranted Brownie Guider

I would try Pax Lodge or BP house first.

4. *gwen*

*gwen* GIC Guide/SS GuiderPlus

You also have Gilwell Park

This is a list Scout owned campsite. Some of them may have indoor accomation too, so maybe worth a browse through the list

http://campsites.scouts.org.uk/sites

5. sallymoo1993

sallymoo1993 Guide Young Leader

Frith Grange near Mill Hill East station is a nice campsite, I'm not sure if they have indoor accommodation though.

6. sandy5540

sandy5540 Brownie Leader

Scout Park in North London, near Bounds Green tube station for easy access to London.
    Indoor accommodation as well.

7. Sunny2nd

Sunny2nd Guide and Ranger Leader GuiderPlus

8. littleowl101

littleowl101 Beginner (10+ posts)

have you thought about Heartsease,it is a guide owned holiday house sets in a little wooded area. it is located in West Wickham, which is in Beckenham District. This is South east London. it is about a 15 min walk to the local station, which takes you into London Bridge, Waterloo or Charring cross. Or you can get a bus to Easy Croydon, or Bromley South station.

9. purpleturtle

purpleturtle Veteran (100+ posts)

I would second Scout Park, they have several buildings so should easily take 36 people and very easy to get to from the tube

if you're going for yha, I can recommend Thameside in Rotherithe, can be catered or self-catered, good for groups and very easy access to london eye etc.

theres also the docklands scout project which is a boat near canary wharf, they claim they have bunks for 50 people (who knows how big the ship is!) - a little bit pricy at £26pppn though :S http://www.lordamory.org/accommodation.asp

10. NaomiLauren86

NaomiLauren86 (Newbie)

What about Girlguiding Headquarters in central London? My leader actually works there and they do sleepovers etc.

11. Loopy

Loopy Veteran (100+ posts)

How about the Fort in Dulwich? I haven't stayed there, but it looks good and says it sleeps 50. www.slsc-thefort.org.uk