• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Official Info: Menu

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
BTW, in the slighty naughty hope of starting another regional debate....I approve of Dolly's naming of the mealtimes!!
But they're right!! And i'm not your region..... so either i'm an oddball, i'm turning northern, or the north/south thing doesnt work with meal names!

oh and to add..... bets now, who's gonna be the first one to Pea on the table? I'm going for miss Hannah! :p

Tawny75

Indicate the way to my abode....
Sounds good to me! Btw, what is wrong with baps, a much nicer southern word than barm. Just ask gadget :)

Last edited:

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
dolly - i'll tell you this, dawn only will if i don't - got laughed at by her at my shock of seeing 'barm' on a menu board at greggs in preston! I was arguing that it wasnt a real word and was shocked to see it on a menu!

Brown

Brownie Guider
Sounds great to me, although - (not to start another debate) we say lunch for midday and dinner for evening meal !!! lol

Susiwaa

Guide Guider
Mushy peas? Next you'll say with vinegar!!

Think my mother eating these while she was pregnant put me right off!! lol !

Susi

:p

Hilzo42

Guide Leader (GiC) & Forum Mod!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
breakfast, lunch and:
tea when I was a young'un at home
dinner now I live with o/h
side effect of my mum being from Tyneside and o/h being a Londoner! clearly I just seem to go with whatever.......

I blame the schools - you have school dinners or packed lunches, it's called lunchtime but you have dinner ladies! argh!

Oh and the menu looks fab :p
I look forward to the rounded bread products immensley!

sliceofrice

Veteran (100+ posts)
dolly - i'll tell you this, dawn only will if i don't - got laughed at by her at my shock of seeing 'barm' on a menu board at greggs in preston! I was arguing that it wasnt a real word and was shocked to see it on a menu!
Yeah, but when we got a sandwich from there yesterday they managed to spell that wrong....

Purpleellen1976

Guide Guider and mad woman
GuiderPlus
I really don't give a rat's wotsit what you call the meals of the day, or the bready round things. JUST GIVE ME THE FOOD :D

BTW Pie barms look like they rock!!!!!