1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Midlands Mayhem

Discussion in 'Girlguiding Midlands' started by Jade T-dar, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Jade T-dar

Jade T-dar Regular (50+ posts)

Anybody here thinking about going to Midlands Mayhem 2015 in Paris? I'm thinking of taking my rangers (new Nottingham unit opening in Sept) as their first 'Big' Event.

http://mayhem.girlguiding-midlands.org.uk/

Might be nice to team up with another Ranger/SS group to lower travel costs.

2. Ems

Ems Veteran (100+ posts)

We are considering it! Its new terratory for us as never taken any groups abroad!

3. Jade T-dar

Jade T-dar Regular (50+ posts)

Where are you based? I have never taken girls abroad either, but will probably be taking a leader who has!

4. Wibble

Wibble (Newbie)

Thinking of doing it with my guides and young leaders (and ex-guides who are YL elsewhere in the division) ...feeling the lack of info from the team, I've been told to organise my own transport and hotels ... Was expecting more help, like a set of coaches laid on or cheap rate on Eurostar organised.

5. norma_15

norma_15 Veteran (100+ posts)

Im looking at doing this with my guides as well. Hopefully I will get enough girls to go

6. dinoprincesschar

dinoprincesschar Veteran (100+ posts)

I was sad I wouldn't be able to at the start, as they'd released the initial date which clashed with a county scout/guide camp I'm helping run next summer.
    But now that the date has changed, definitely.

7. Wise owl worcs 2006

Wise owl worcs 2006 Regular (50+ posts)

we are hoping to take our guide group. We went to france with 30 of us last year so are going to cost it. Im going to look into coach hire and camping nearby with a day trip to paris, and Disney!

8. Barmey-cat

Barmey-cat Beginner (10+ posts)

Hi Wibble,

Midlands have done similar events like this before, and it works for them that units can do as much or as little as they want. You could do it on a day trip to paris via Euro star, and no overnight in paris, or you could do it as part of a fortnight around Europe, the choice is then up to the girls.

Jade T-dar Berry - Guess I'd better save some holidays then!