• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Mini Campfire circle at Division Day

missq

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'm running a series of mini campfire circles(4 in total lasting 20 mins each) I'm trying plan out what songs to sing, we will have a selection of all sections at each one. Any suggestions on what songs to do?

MummySquirrel

Veteran (100+ posts)
Campfires burning, Alive, Awake, Alert. Alice the Camel, Boom Chicka Boom, Little Green Frog, Cuddly Koalas, Did you ever see a penguin come to tea. Princess Pat.
Songs really need to be easy to pick up, repeat after me or action songs

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
All sections is a pretty impossible ask. I'd suggest you look at doing a couple of songs aimed at each age group. So starting with a couple of songs aimed at the Rainbows, then a couple aimed at the Brownies, then at the Guides, then at the Seniors. Try to get info on what songs the girls already know, especially the younger age groups. If it's outdoors, include some actions songs which will get them moving (eg Lean Forwards, Lean Backwards), so they aren't too cold. And remember, action songs = authorised fidgeting!

missq

Veteran (100+ posts)
Thanks for these....luckily my groups were split by age so I had 3 groups of brownies and rainbows and one group of guides, they were easy and got them to pick songs. did lots of action songs and repeat after me songs with the younger ones, think they thought it would just be boring singing, gave them a good workout. Lots of the leaders even asked me for copies of my campfire book which I've put together over the years which was nice!