• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

New FAQs about the new Guide section uniform

senry

Veteran (100+ posts)
Thanks. I remember the GO launch that kept on being moved back.
I started after GO, so cant remember that. I would be happy if they have finilised the design to see what they have done so at least we see what we are dealing/can advise as need for new starters!

senry

Veteran (100+ posts)
Now read the new guidelines and I want to see a picture of the new dress! Not sure about the skirt, but I am sure it just a initial hmmm towards it. I like the fact we official guidelines we can follow!

culcheth1

Veteran (100+ posts)
Official guidelines were needed - at least we all now know what is "official"

Personally I don't like the new skirt. I'm not really sure why they have spent all the money re-designing it, the current one is fine and (other than colours) not really much different. I can't see any girls getting the skirt or dress to wear at weekly meetings.......

Thanks, I am not in the UK so did not realise what was going on. Just saw a comment on Facebook and started looking aorund and could not find anything (until the UK 7am release time lol). I am now in Canada and unfortunately have had to defect to Scouts as I am in a small rural town with barley enough kids for the scout troop they set up last year. All of the scouts are girls though and the cubs and bevers are mixed. They launched a uniform change here last year and I am looking forward to wearing a uniform scout shirt (leaders is Canada Red). I am excited to be canoeing, snow shoeing, skiing, digging snow caves, hiking, biking, camping and having fun up here in the mountains. No jumpers in the uniform at all. They do have beige trousers but thankfully my unit wear jeans or shorts as they are hideous! lol

Our Facebook page has been going mad today, I believe most of my girls have decided to boycott the new uniform. I've been informed that 4 of the mum's have ordered the old uniform today for September as the girls will not wear the new one. Oh well not a problem until 2016!

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Our Facebook page has been going mad today, I believe most of my girls have decided to boycott the new uniform. I've been informed that 4 of the mum's have ordered the old uniform today for September as the girls will not wear the new one. Oh well not a problem until 2016!
By that time, it won't be 'new' uniform, it'll be ordinary - and they'll probably be outgrowing their existing uniforms anyway and ready to change in order to be the same as the rest. That's what happened with the previous uniform changes when they came along . . .

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
I have found that the new guidelines FAQ are great, they are very clear and informative, and I like that it has listed things like why there isn't a uniform hat anymore. Because it's listed there is no guesswork, need to digg around etc. :D

I don't think many leaders round here spend much time looking on the GG website to see new uniform guidelines etc if they can't even follow what's in the current Manual.