• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

New Rainbow Unit - Should We Celebrate?

Monday will be the first Rainbow meeting of our brand spanking new unit. A leader from another unit asked if we would celebrate this at Rainbows somehow. What are your thoughts? Should we given them a Rainbow pencil or other little gift? Perhaps do something special?

Thank you for your input!

A celebration would be nice. I don't think it needs be a generic gift to the girls (you might find it chucked to the back of a drawer and the girls will have no idea why they got it later) however, maybe something more meaningful like a framed (titled) photo of the "new Unit" would be appropriate.
It could be something you might like the girls to have an input on. If they are anything like our girls they will most likely want a party!!

sandra 100

Veteran (100+ posts)
could you make like a time capsule (a box) put in a photo of the girls and leaders in the unit, the date it started, pictures drawn by the girls of what they think they will do at rainbows

could you make like a time capsule (a box) put in a photo of the girls and leaders in the unit, the date it started, pictures drawn by the girls of what they think they will do at rainbows
I think that is a lovely idea. Not only a keepsake for the new unit but the girls would feel they are a part of something too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
I think a photo would be a good option. You want to celebrate, but you also want to manage the girls' expectations - the first night is special, but the following week it will be "back to old clothes and porage" - you don't them to expect a party every week. So you want the night to be special, but also to include some of the elements of an 'ordinary' meeting, if there is such a thing.