• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Nottingham unit

Hi

After much moving and indecision over the last few years I have finally settled in Nottingham and will be here for at least the next four years as start uni in September. I'm looking for a unit in the Arnold. /Daybrook area to help at. I would ultimately be interested in becoming a leader but want to give it a go as a helper first. Is any help needed in Arnold?

emmaluvseeyore

Brownie Leader and Ranger Assistant
Have you registered on Join Us? This is the best way to get in contact with the district commissioner of the area you are interested in. If you don't live in that area, you can enter a postcode of somewhere in that area to get through to the right person.

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Yes, use Join Us. You'll get an email from the appropriate commissioner who'll arrange a meeting with you.

Jade T-dar

Regular (50+ posts)
Hi

We are really struggling for leaders in the Bulwell area not far from Arnold (bus ride away). It is very rewarding as girls are often from difficult backgrounds in this area. I am a graduate from Nottingham Trent. We could really really with another guide leader if you are still insterested? :)

HMSisME

Guide Leder to only disabled unit!
I know my old guide unit that is a special needs one in Hyson Green is in need of a guide leader. Not far from the tram stop.

Barmey-cat

Beginner (10+ posts)
Hi

After much moving and indecision over the last few years I have finally settled in Nottingham and will be here for at least the next four years as start uni in September. I'm looking for a unit in the Arnold. /Daybrook area to help at. I would ultimately be interested in becoming a leader but want to give it a go as a helper first. Is any help needed in Arnold?
Hi, have you been sorted for helping out??

ann

Veteran (100+ posts)
Apart from Join Us can I suggest you join the Girlguiding movers group on Facebook, there are lots of posts trying to help students and those moving areas find new units and I know the Nottingham area is looking for student leaders from both the Nottingham unis

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Apart from Join Us can I suggest you join the Girlguiding movers group on Facebook, there are lots of posts trying to help students and those moving areas find new units and I know the Nottingham area is looking for student leaders from both the Nottingham unis
I've tried Join Us and no luck. I've possibly got someone on Facebook but may be the wrong side of Nottingham. I'm beginning to think no-one wants me!! :(

When you say no luck with Join Us what do you mean?
Have you not had a reply from the local Commissioner (who may have been on holiday)? OR
Are there no units requiring help on nights that suit you? OR
The units requiring help are not convenient for you re transport / time?

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
When you say no luck with Join Us what do you mean?
Have you not had a reply from the local Commissioner (who may have been on holiday)? OR
Are there no units requiring help on nights that suit you? OR
The units requiring help are not convenient for you re transport / time?
I've been told in one area there's no need for me to help - they have enough helpers. It's been passed to other commissioners who haven't got back to me to let me know.

Tregi

Veteran (100+ posts)
if you want to PM me with your area/availability then I can have a hunt through some units I know.... r/B/G/SS????

superguider

Beginner (10+ posts)
Did this get sorted ?

I am the Nottinghamshire Growing Guiding Coordinator and disappointed to hear of your experience as I know plenty of units that would welcome you with open arms - please email if you want any help / support or just a friendly guiding contact at secondbeestonguides@hotmail.co.uk I am Jo by the way.
Others happy for you to pass my details to anyone in the same boat in Notts !