• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Olympic 50p collectors

kes120

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
woohoo got another one today.... the lovely rowing one with the aims of the olympics on it. thats 10 now.... only 19 to go!

sliceofrice

Veteran (100+ posts)
The only one I've seen was the Blue Peter comp winner one and taht was in the church collection plate last Xmas...
I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

It's funny how as soon as you find one you find loads though. Until about 3 weeks ago I'd never seen a Darwin £2, however I've had about 3 since then!

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I think i just don't use change enough. I do more and more shopping with cards rather than cash, so i just don't get the coinage. Found my Boccia one this morning, so thats defiantely 1 down, 28 to go!

Been looking on the Royal Mint website, some are very pretty! Really hope I can collect them all!

JaneTawny

Brownie Guider and Ranger Guider
I've only got 3 but I really want the equestrian one as I've got tickets for the cross country phase of the 3 day eventing so if anyone gets 1 please pm me

cerys80

Brownie Leader
Gone off and found them to check and looks like I've got swaps of:
swimming
badminton (holding for Smartie)
:)

Those I've already got:
archery
badminton
boccia
canoeing
fencing
hockey
swimming
table tennis

Last edited:

RainbowGem

Veteran (100+ posts)
Yes there are 29 and they are realeasing them in two lots I think, half this year (though actually came out last year) and the other half dated 2012 at the end of this year
I have nine so far - just checked as Mum brought home the badmington one today!

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Gone off and found them to check and looks like I've got 3 doubles so if anyone wants a swimming, badminton or boccia then let me know if we can swap :)

Those I've already got:
badminton
boccia
canoeing
fencing
hockey
swimming
table tennis
I am desparate for a badminton one as its the sport I play, but I don't have any doubles yet. If I do, I will see if you still have the badminton one!

cerys80

Brownie Leader
I am desparate for a badminton one as its the sport I play, but I don't have any doubles yet. If I do, I will see if you still have the badminton one!
Smartie thats fine, I'll hang on to it for you, you can send me a normal 50p if you want, down in Cardiff at the mo but can sort out when i get back home.

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
I saw my first one at the weekend. Got the cycling one. Going to keep it safe somewhere. but dont usual have much luck with the 50p, as still haven't had a guiding one though my hands yet

Snowy Pink Owl

The Doctor (5000+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I found two at work this evening if anyone needs them. One is what looks like high jump and not sure of the other one, will dig it out of my bag in the morning (my bag is on the floor, far away and I am cosy in bed :) )

kes120

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
now have 11 got a table tennis one when in the isle of wight! really should list the rest, will dig them out of mug all my random coins are in.