1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Question? Olympics Wide Game

Discussion in 'Olympics 2012' started by Loopy, May 28, 2012.

1. Loopy

Loopy Veteran (100+ posts)

I'm thinking of doing an Olympics themed Wide Game and wondered if anyone had any ideas?

I've vaguely thought of a few possible alternatives:
    - Travelling round the continents doing a challenge from each and collecting Olympic rings.
    - Having a go at different "sports" and receiving a medal for completing each.
    - A variation on "Capture the Flag" (maybe capture the torch, or using flags from competing nations?).

Just wondered whether anyone had done this already or had any ideas I could "borrow"?

Thanks
    Loopy

2. MsLaurie

MsLaurie Veteran (100+ posts)

Maybe include some first aid after 'injuries' in the games?
    You could also have a bit with blindfolds or something else to make part reference the paralympics?

3. fenris

fenris fenris GuiderPlus

Could you have them doing 5 different challenges, and earning a coloured ring for each one completed? The activities could even be (tenuously) linked to the colours?

The activities could depend on the location and facilities, but could be blue=water challenge, red=fire challenge, yellow=sun/solar challenge, green=nature challenge, black=night/blindfold challenge . . .

4. Loopy

Loopy Veteran (100+ posts)

Ooh, I really like that idea! The site has a big sundial (yellow), there's a stream (blue), lots of woods (green), hike fire areas (red) and we can definitely blindfold them for black! Fab!