• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Olympics Wide Game

Loopy

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'm thinking of doing an Olympics themed Wide Game and wondered if anyone had any ideas?

I've vaguely thought of a few possible alternatives:
- Travelling round the continents doing a challenge from each and collecting Olympic rings.
- Having a go at different "sports" and receiving a medal for completing each.
- A variation on "Capture the Flag" (maybe capture the torch, or using flags from competing nations?).

Just wondered whether anyone had done this already or had any ideas I could "borrow"?

Thanks
Loopy

MsLaurie

Veteran (100+ posts)
Maybe include some first aid after 'injuries' in the games?
You could also have a bit with blindfolds or something else to make part reference the paralympics?

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Could you have them doing 5 different challenges, and earning a coloured ring for each one completed? The activities could even be (tenuously) linked to the colours?

The activities could depend on the location and facilities, but could be blue=water challenge, red=fire challenge, yellow=sun/solar challenge, green=nature challenge, black=night/blindfold challenge . . .

Loopy

Veteran (100+ posts)
Could you have them doing 5 different challenges, and earning a coloured ring for each one completed? The activities could even be (tenuously) linked to the colours?

The activities could depend on the location and facilities, but could be blue=water challenge, red=fire challenge, yellow=sun/solar challenge, green=nature challenge, black=night/blindfold challenge . . .
Ooh, I really like that idea! The site has a big sundial (yellow), there's a stream (blue), lots of woods (green), hike fire areas (red) and we can definitely blindfold them for black! Fab!