• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

On your marks - olympics resource

cerys80

Brownie Leader
Thank you sn, was trying to use the codes duh ! Yep you are right if you click on the picture you get a blurb ...

On Your Marks… takes units on a journey through three aspects of the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games: their values, sports and cultural opportunities. Each of the three sections has a badge that can be made into a complete circle. The badges all have the official 2012 Inspire Mark logo on them - making them extra special.

A badge is available for any member to buy as a memento of this special year. It fits in the middle of the three On Your Marks… badges, or can be worn separately - and would make a great memento to give participants in an Olympic-themed event.

yorkie

Veteran (100+ posts)
We have a district camp this year and the olympics will be the theme. As only so many girls from each Unit can attend I think we will buy the middle badge. Then Units can still do the others with all their girls if they want.

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
That's a great idea.... we've a county camp next year and of course the theme is part of the olympics! I've a meeting on 30th Nov so I had better order one NOW! But I could do with some activities ideas including crafts based on that theme!!!

PrincessLen

Beginner (10+ posts)
Wonder if the four badges forming a circle will fit on a Brownie sash, or, like some other badges (thank-you Anglia region's birthday anniversary badge) be too big and stick out over the sides of the sash in a very ungainly fashion...

Snowyowl7011

Veteran (100+ posts)
It's a nice looking set of badges and good themes for the resource, but WHY IS IT SOOOO EXPENSIVE? £3-60 per set is way over the odds I think.

Rant over, back in corner...

browniebeth

Brownie Leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
It's a nice looking set of badges and good themes for the resource, but WHY IS IT SOOOO EXPENSIVE? £3-60 per set is way over the odds I think.

Rant over, back in corner...
it's 4 badges, isn't it? so works out to be 90p each...which isn't THAT bad, yes it's more expensive than interest badges, but it's cheaper than the Jubilee badge, or any of the unofficial challenges on here, or region birthday badges.....and you don't have to do them all, if you can't afford them all, just get the girls to pick one or two if necessary :) But it is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity, twice if you're lucky, so let's celebrate! :)