• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Owl name ideas

FionainKL

Happily Guiding with BGIFC
Staff member
GuiderPlus
We are a growing district and having an correspondingly increasing number of Owls for our three Brownie packs

We're now running out of Owl names we can think of (we all want different ones!)

We'll ask the girls what they think as well, but I know there will be loads of ideas

So far we have: Brown, Tawny, Snowy, Eagle, Barn, Sparkle, Crafty, Busy.....

What's your owl name?

We have Sooty Owl, Wood Owl and Little Owl. Our unit helpers are named after birds and our pack leaders are named after flowers.

Tawnyowl51

Veteran (100+ posts)
Fluffy, small, grey, quiet, night, and I have heard of one called Plop, but I think that person would come in for some stick!

Squirrel-Nutkin

The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)
I was SNOWY OWL and we also had LITTLE OWL (she was really tall! lol)

how about eagle owl, tuffy eared owl, elf owl, spotty owl, sporty owl, yellow owl, blue owl, sparkle owl

or how about also doing woodland birds - so woodpecker, robin, blackbird, raven

cerys80

Brownie Leader
we aren't all owls any more ... I'm a Bluebird, we have Badger, Snowy and Chipmunk and have had Panda and Bunny for our YLs.

Owl in a spin

Beginner (10+ posts)
We have brown, snowy, barn, eagle, tawny and more recently have added elf owl. The girls also use the first name of some helpers and then put owl on the end, e.g. hannah owl. At previous units we have chosen a colour and then named all the leaders after that colour, so for yellow you could have daffodil owl.

Cloudy Owl

Brownie Guider
GuiderPlus
I'm a traditional Tawny (but I'm in charge so should really be Brown) and my two pack leaders are Fluffy Owl and Cuddly Owl - as chosen by the brownies!
(One Brownie did suggest Crocodile Owl, but that didn't get many votes, much to the PL's relief ...!)

shackademus

Veteran (100+ posts)
traditionally we had brown, tawny, snowy, little and grey owl. ( loved being snowy and desperatley didnt want to be grey!)
now I'm brown owl and we also have bubbly owl and fluffy owl.

Fox

Brownie-induced madness
We have Little Owl and Fluffy Owl and a neighbouring group has a Barn Owl. I'm actually Brown Owl. Fox is from a previous group, when I joined Guiders.co.uk - they all had different animal names - could you have one group with Owl names, one with other bird names, and one with other animal names, or each pack have its own Brown Owl, Tawny, Little Owl etc.?

R

ramoscanto

what about taken from the Beanie Babies, well what I remember, smart, smarter, smartest and smarty owls, think there was wise, wiser and wisest aswell.

12thRainbow

Veteran (100+ posts)
We have Brown Owl, I'm Rainbow Owl, then our young leaders are stripy owl, spotty owl, crystal owl and sparkle owl - we let the brownies choose our names, oh how we regret that, especially spotty owl! :)

Fox

Brownie-induced madness
We have Brown Owl, I'm Rainbow Owl, then our young leaders are stripy owl, spotty owl, crystal owl and sparkle owl - we let the brownies choose our names, oh how we regret that, especially spotty owl! :)
See, that's where giving them a LIMITED selection comes in handy. Don't do it like my previous unit and get them to come up with the selection.