• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Pack holiday schedule

Hey guys,

So I’m doing my PH license in April and I’m currently trying to squeeze everything into the schedule and work out timings for a rough plan.... was just wondering what sort of time people plan for bedtime/lights out and wake up/breakfast? I’m having trouble fitting everything in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kochanski

Veteran (100+ posts)
Morning's are 7:30 up, washed, dressed, make beds, cooks first then waitresses then housemaids.

Nights are a bit different. On the first night, we keep the activities going until girls start to yawn. There's no point putting wide awake Brownies in bed! It can be 10 or even 11 on the first night. The second night, they need to wind down about 8:30, we do a long slow get ready and supper and 'teddy time' (they're in pjs and bring teddy and book / game / colouring etc ) and can be in bed apx 9 for a story, lights off say 9:30.

Morning's are 7:30 up, washed, dressed, make beds, cooks first then waitresses then housemaids.

Nights are a bit different. On the first night, we keep the activities going until girls start to yawn. There's no point putting wide awake Brownies in bed! It can be 10 or even 11 on the first night. The second night, they need to wind down about 8:30, we do a long slow get ready and supper and 'teddy time' (they're in pjs and bring teddy and book / game / colouring etc ) and can be in bed apx 9 for a story, lights off say 9:30.
Thank you! How long would you give them between wake up and brekkie then? I don’t want to give them too long but I don’t want them rushing about and causing chaos trying to rush and get things done!

Kochanski

Veteran (100+ posts)
If QM gets the cooks promptly, we can be eating at 8:30. It depends on your menu. Waitresses go straight into setting the tables so only the housemaids are without a job - we often use that time to catch up on a craft or jobs or a badge clause.

browniebeth

Brownie Leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Best advice: don't be too rigid with your timetable. Keep it as a steer but don't fret if you're a few minutes early or late. Don't panic even if washing up takes ages and you have to skip something else, or you're running ahead so suddenly you have extra time to rest or get outside and run around.

Similarly if it looks like rain in the afternoon and you plan to be outside, don't be afraid to switch things up :)

We've just got back from a weekend away, bed was 10pm first night and 8:45pm 2nd night. They were got up at 7:30 each morning but most were awake well before (although we had 4 on Sunday still asleep at 8:15!).

If you're doing cooked food, it'll take a bit longer. If you do cereal, yoghurt, brioche then you can be eating by 8-8:15.

Thanks ladies... I think I’m gonna go for 9.30 bed with 10pm lights out on the Friday and maybe 9 for 9.30 Saturday.... it’s a slightly older group and if they look tireder I’ll shut down earlier.

Kochanski

Veteran (100+ posts)
Remember there's a difference between what your tester sees written down on your programme and what happens while you're actually away! The best testers know that and will be pleased to see you being flexible if your girls are safe, healthy and having a great time.

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Yes, for your assessment you have to demonstrate that there is a set order things will happen, and the girls aren't putting in 20-hour days. But - unless you have things like instructor-led activities, then the timetable is really just a list of what you intend to do, and the times only there to give you a rough idea of whether you are 'ahead', 'behind' or 'roughly on schedule' - nothing more. The clock on the wall is a nice wall decoration - but because you are a community in yourselves and there is nothing you need to be on time for beyond your final departure, there is no reason to pay it that much heed. So if lunch cooked quicker than expected and is ready 30 minutes early - then you can eat it 30 minutes early. If the potatoes need another 10 minutes' cooking - do a filler activity or have a chat with the Brownies until they are at their best. If the girls have got really into their treasure hunt and want to keep going, you don't have to stop them because the timetable says afternoon snack is to be served at 1500hrs. And if you'd planned to go outside but a bucketing rain shower has started - swap round one of your indoor activities in hopes of better weather for going out in an hour or two instead.

And - try not to squeeze everything into a weekend. It's fine for some of your activities to be on your 'wet weather list'. You don't have to do craft, or do a treasure hunt, or do a sports day, or do a campfire, or have a day out, or do an adventurous activity session, or have a party - and you certainly wouldn't want to do all of them on the same weekend! Make sure you also allow some free time for the girls to 'just play' outside, and also a 'rest hour' or equivalent in the early afternoon where they do quiet sitting-down activities, and can recharge their batteries ready for the lively activities to follow during the rest of the day. Also - don't forget rest hour for the girls should also be rest hour for the staff alike. They too need a break from the girls, the chance for a cup of tea and a chat, before they start to organise the afternoon's activities.