• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Please what does this mean anyone?

Batty Owl

Veteran (100+ posts)
I've just been moving girls from waiting to join to meeting arranged on Joinus and I noticed one girl has a new comment on her record which I didn't put there. It says "Transferred Mother to Regional office" signed by someone I have never heard of. Can anyone please explain what is going on here? Thank you.

culcheth1

Veteran (100+ posts)
I've just been moving girls from waiting to join to meeting arranged on Joinus and I noticed one girl has a new comment on her record which I didn't put there. It says "Transferred Mother to Regional office" signed by someone I have never heard of. Can anyone please explain what is going on here? Thank you.
Ring your Regional Office and ask them to let you know - if they did the change they'll be able to tell you. If they didn't they will be able to get contact details for the person who did.

Really wish people would leave decent comments on Join Us - it's no good leaving a comment that no one understands...

Last edited by a moderator:

Pixielation

Brown Owl (x2)
Is it possible that the mother phoned the regional office perhaps?

I had a referral recently that had as the last comment that she'd been offered a place at another unit, but after Easter. There was no indication of why she was then transferred to us. I didn't know the names of the people for the unit in question, and the last log action was done by a man.

I commented that I was going to try and find out the reason for the referral before I rang the mother (as I didn't feel in the loop, and didn't want to give her the run around). But my commissioner couldn't find out either.

So I emailed her to let her know how we stood, and suggested another local unit, and then I got an email from someone at our regional office who was the man responsible for the last log action. He'd noticed my comment.

So basically the mother had rung them. And she must have rung them back, because she didn't reply to my last email, and now she's gone from my join us list again!

Sunny2nd

Guide and Ranger Leader
GuiderPlus
Those up the chain from you can also see the Join Us, so unit will only see their unit, but District Com sees District, Div Com - Div etc. Also if any of these have appointed a "join us coordinator" for their district, div etc.

Batty Owl

Veteran (100+ posts)
The odd thing about all this is that the child has been on my waiting list for nearly a year, is still on list to start in 2 weeks time when she turns 7 and I've just had an email from mum confirming she is happy with the start date with no mention of a query or problem. :confused:

Sunny2nd

Guide and Ranger Leader
GuiderPlus
Just checked and comment will show the member no. of who entered the comment. So can be tracked by someone who can link the no. with a name.

Lynz

Veteran (100+ posts)
It may mean that Mother couldn't remember your contact details so phoned CHQ or region to ask when their daughter would get a space or why they haven't heard anything for a while, and was passed on to the region office who reassured her that she's definitely still on your list and that you'd be in touch when a place came available? By the time you get in touch to confirm the place she's found that it's true so no further problems to mention to you?

Batty Owl

Veteran (100+ posts)
Well, all is now clear. The parent wanted a different day for Brownies and rather than ask me to refer her to another unit went to Region. Still not the most helpful of comments on Join us but I do now know what is going on.Thanks for all your help folks