• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Official Info: Proposed Menu

Cap'n Gaerlick

Captain Gaerlick of 1st Gaerlick Guide
Hi All,

Below is a proposed menu for G2G5. There will be vegetarian alternatives for any veggies and of course we will do our best to provide alternatives if you REALLY can't eat what is on offer (please PM me if you need to discuss alternatives).

FRIDAY
TEA
(also available for any latecomers)
Soup with crusty bread
Baked Potatoes with various fillings
Jam Roly Poly and custard

SATURDAY

BREAKFAST
Full Scottish Breakfast
(Sausage, Lorne sausage, bacon, egg, tomatoes, mushrooms, tattie scone, black pudding, beans)
Cereal, Fruit Juice, Toast, Marmalade, Tea, Coffee

LUNCH
Scotch Pie or Macaroni Pie
Sandwiches
Cakes

TEA
Haggis, tatties and neeps (or Veggie alternative)
Dessert

SUPPER
Buffet - sausage roll, sandwiches, pizza slices, Killie Pies, variety of nibbles

SUNDAY
BREAKFAST

(Sausage, Lorne sausage, egg, tomatoes, mushrooms, tattie scone, black pudding, beans)
Cereal, Fruit Juice, Toast, Marmalade, Tea, Coffee

LUNCH
Soup, Filled Rolls, sandwiches (can be made up and taken for journey home)

Fresh salad and fresh fruit will also be available.

Tea, Coffee and soft drinks will be available throughout the weekend

Last edited:

dippydeedodah

Rainbow Guider, Guide Guider
I may stop eating on the wednesday so I can eat the whole weekend!!
I know it sounds like I'm ruled by my stomach but I really like the sound of the menu!! LOL

floss

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
You WILL have Irn-Bru and Tunnock's caramel wafers, won't you????
Not properly Scottish without them ;-)

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
Eugh! Irn Bru is HORRIBLE!! They had it at the McDonalds I worked at. It looks toxic, and I once ended up with it by mistake when getting a drink as I forgot that the buttons were reversed at the back of the drinks tower, and got Irn Bru instead of Coke. I was not impressed...

madmonkey

Guide Leader
IRN-BRU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ask madder what im like when it comes to Irn-Bru, actually i have a bottle next to me right now ha ha!
Loving the sound of the menu! looking good :D I have developed a strange love for jam roly poly and custard so you are now my new best friend for choosing it! :p