• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Rainbows offical 30th Badge - not challenge

Haylestorm296

Veteran (100+ posts)
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been covered before. I did search but couldn't find anything.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of just an official 30th year badge? Not a challenge or anything just like an official guiding badge to mark the 30th year? As I know for many other anniversaries there have been them but looked on shop site and didn't notice any...

We are celebrating with a build a bear party and the girls will be designing t-shirts for them at our picnic and we would like to make the bears "official" rainbows with a 30th badge on the t-shirts... otherwise we'll just use the cloth rainbow logo but it isn't as special to mark the anniversary!

Mrs T

Beginner (10+ posts)
I emailed Guiding Shop yesterday - they are producing an official 30th birthday badge, but no merchandise. I don't know when this will be though - hopefully before June when we have a big District Birthday event!!

Haylestorm296

Veteran (100+ posts)
I emailed Guiding Shop yesterday - they are producing an official 30th birthday badge, but no merchandise. I don't know when this will be though - hopefully before June when we have a big District Birthday event!!
Never thought to do that! Duh! haha
I have to say I thought they'd be in place already, we are going April so I won't hold my breath at the moment...
Thanks for checking, much appreciated! :)

Eh? I contacted CHQ and they said they weren't doing anything. Bit late in the day to be producing a badge, isn't it? They never usually miss an opportunity to make a buck on an anniversary..........