1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Remote unit treasurer

Discussion in 'Finances and Fundraising' started by foreverandalways, Nov 30, 2016.

1. foreverandalways

foreverandalways Veteran (100+ posts)

Apologies in advance, this may be a long post - but hopefully it could really help someone.

First, some background. I was a leader at Brownies for a long time. Then, a mix between district politics, the promise changing and moving away meant that I transferred to scouts for a while. Then, I left the UK to do some travelling, and while on the road I started studying bookkeeping, which is what I'll be doing as a career once I get back. I think I'll also return to guiding too.

So, I'd love to get back into the swing of things by helping out a unit with it's accounts. Partly to get back involved with guiding, and partly to get some work experience. I know that it's something that some people find to be hardest in guiding! I'm planning to be abroad until March, so it would need to be all digital based. I guess there would be logistical hurdles to get over, and that I'd need to be re-entered onto Go, and have another DBS check.

Anyway, I thought that I would put the offer out there and see if anyone wants to have a chat about it. Please PM me if you think I could be useful to your team.