1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

REN's

Discussion in 'Residentials' started by perdita96, May 17, 2016.

1. perdita96

perdita96 Beginner (10+ posts)

Quick question (I think I know the answer, but would like opinions please):

Should a REN form be completed and signed by the DC before a residential is offered to the girls in a unit?

Thank you.

2. bess342

bess342 Veteran (100+ posts) GuiderPlus

it would have to be after once you know numbers as, home contact, and leaders going. DC cannot sign until she confirms all leaders details, ratios, has all risk assessments and home contact info, and numbers going. Once signed unless sudden change of plans ie leader sick and pulls out etc. details should not be changed. You can however send an incomplete REN with initial details as a working document as plans develop. Mine are usually not returned signed until quite close to Holiday.

3. Lynz

Lynz Veteran (100+ posts)

I let my DC know rough details of any trip/ residentials at the point we start planning and before offering it to the girls, but rarely have enough info to complete the REN form in full at that stage so don't get it back signed until nearer the event.

Obviously, if a leader doesn't already hold the relevant license then she would need to be in touch with the DC much earlier to arrange a mentor etc.

4. fenris

fenris fenris GuiderPlus

Although it can be (and the numbers adjusted afterwards) it is usually better to get the Commissioner's agreement, verbally or by email/letter, then advertise it to the girls, then once the numbers are confirmed, complete the REN. Otherwise you risk having different versions of the REN floating about, with the risk of confusion over which version is the latest.

perdita96 likes this.
  5. perdita96

perdita96 Beginner (10+ posts)

Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to say thank you to you all. You have answered my question - and cleared a few others up for me! Very grateful :)