• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Scottish G2G 3

scotchmi5t

Veteran (100+ posts)
Its been a while since the last Scottish G2G (SG2G2, 2009, Lossiemouth). Anyone interested in setting up SG2G3?

We have been to Dalry (West), Lossiemouth (North East) and G2G5 was Edinburgh. Last time we considered things we were looking at somewhere central, maybe Perth/Stirling/Dundee. Any ideas?

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
I think last time planning ground to a halt over trying to find dates - always willing to host if other venues aren't available, but I think the first thing might be to get some possible dates on the table so people can pencil them into diaries/rule them out - and make them as far ahead as possible!

LittleMe88

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
How far North are you willing to come - is Aberdeen too far? Was thinking people could train and I have minibus access to shuttle from station if necessary..?

laurad82

assistant guide leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
For me I think Aberdeen would be too north it's about £95 ish return on the train. But you have to go with what's right for the organisers.

If your wanting invaders from south of the boarder then you might be better looking at areas near Glasgow and Edinburgh as they would be much more accessible. I don't know many Scottish sites Culzean but could only camp, Bonaly, Auchengillan and of course Netherrud:) but as I said you need to go with right for the organisers:)

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
For me I think Aberdeen would be too north it's about £95 ish return on the train. But you have to go with what's right for the organisers.

If your wanting invaders from south of the boarder then you might be better looking at areas near Glasgow and Edinburgh as they would be much more accessible. I don't know many Scottish sites Culzean but could only camp, Bonaly, Auchengillan and of course Netherrud:) but as I said you need to go with right for the organisers:)
Quite a few of those would be difficult by public transport, which is always a consideration. I wouldn't want to rule out central/northern Scotland - while I appreciate that makes it further to travel for those based outwith Scotland, the alternative is that those in the north of Scotland have a long journey again, so it's hard to be fair to everyone. Diary-wise, the summer term is always difficult for me, as I end up doing a lot at weekends with my units, the term's so short. So would have to be either Easter/around that time, or into the summer holidays!

scotchmi5t

Veteran (100+ posts)
The whole North/South thing is why I am seeking somewhere central. For me living in Moray I usually have to travel the furthest to get to a G2G, anywhere further than Aberdeen is south to me. The last Scottish G2G was north and the first one was south west (near Glasgow) so this time I thought central would be better.

I know the rule about who suggests organises it but I'd rather leave it open to anyone who is willing to organise because I helped organise the last one.

ElfOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
I know what you mean about travel, everywhere is north for me as I am so far south. If this G2G happens to be during English school holidays, I might be able to come as I can travel via parents and DD can spend time with them.

Rattyhorses

Asst Rainbow/Brownie/Guide leader
GuiderPlus
I am in the south east of Scotland so any where is ideal for me as long as it doesn't clash with items already in my diary.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner