• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Scottish G2G 3

exbrownowl

Guide Leader/Division Commissioner
I am in Fife so pretty central - couldn't possibly organise the whole thing but I would be willing to help if it was in Central Scotland.

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
G2g5 was at Bonaly, we came via public transport, and I remember there being a bus fairly near, because we got a bus back to the train station

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
the g2g 5 or something was at fordell firs and unless you drive it i using public transport and possible booked up by now.
Fordell is fairly near Dunfermline - if there were car drivers willing to shuttle to/from the train station then it would be accessible. Last G2G was at Bonaly in Edinburgh, which was bus accessible.

katz

Veteran (100+ posts)
Oh talk of a scottish G2G3, then it goes all quiet. I would come if the dates in April match my diary/school holidays. I shall keep an eye out on this thread.

katz

Veteran (100+ posts)
I am keen on a 3rd. Scottish G2G but reluctant to organise it. If nobody else is willing to organise then I think it's a lost cause.
I know that feeling Scotch, shame there isn't anyone willing to organise it. I can't help, I'm too far away in Yorkshire. I agree its does seem a lost cause.

laurad82

assistant guide leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Definitely a shame I was considering popping north of the boarder for this. I too am too far away and I'm only really familiar with Glasgow and Ayrshire areas as that's where my family is from. Although am not too bad with Edinburgh. But further north/central I'm no good.

mazi159

Assistant Guide Guider
I would organise this but I'm going into my last semester at uni and am stressed out as it is! maybes after May I might organise one!

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Okay, the sticking point isn't really a venue, it's dates. I'd suggest April - who can do dates around then(could be during Easter hols or outwith).

katz

Veteran (100+ posts)
Okay, the sticking point isn't really a venue, it's dates. I'd suggest April - who can do dates around then(could be during Easter hols or outwith).
Early April would be better for me in my school holidays as I have exams in early May to take. These are 5/6th April or 12/13th April.

Rattyhorses

Asst Rainbow/Brownie/Guide leader
GuiderPlus
Scottish borders easter hols are school closes 29th march and reopens 15th april. (not sure if any other counties have the same.

Vickyinscotland

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I am happy to contact fordell firs and ask about availability April may time and go from there?? I notice a couple of others have volunteered to help assist in organising if in fife area?? :)

katz

Veteran (100+ posts)
Scottish borders easter hols are school closes 29th march and reopens 15th april. (not sure if any other counties have the same.
Had a quick look online at some councils they all seem to be off on the same dates. My school holidays are the same as you and I'm in England.

saintcath

Regular (50+ posts)
Easter hols would be good!

Fordell may do a pick up from Inverkeithing train station (real easy to get to from Edinburgh on a fife circle train). Bob the Warden is really nice.

Henderson building 36 beds is £770(ish) for 2 nights. Richmond Chalet 18 beds £320 (ish) for 2 nights. Works out approx £22 per head for 50 people for 2 nights. Camping is £6 per night.

Sometimes the diary is online and lets you see whats booked but doesnt seem to be updated for 2013.

Hope someone can sort something and get this to work. I can help with basics but know I cant commit to doing a lot.