• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

senior section opportunities

shackademus

Veteran (100+ posts)
i have a unit helper in her early 20's. can she take part in any senior section opportunities and awards eg look wider?
i presume to do so she would need to become a senior section member - how does she does this? -on paper become a ranger and wear ss uniform (even though she will choose not to attend ranger meetings? -wear adult unifrom but not do the training?

bagpuss

Dursley District Guider & Commissioner
GuiderPlus
If you have a SS/Ranger unit closeby she could be a lone ranger. She would probably have to pay census each year but she oculd then be attached to that unit and do the SS programme via them. As far as your unit goes, she would still be a unit helper unless she chooses to do her ALQ, which would be the other way around it!

bramblebush

Veteran (100+ posts)
she could be a lone attached to our unit although we haven't officially come out of abeyance yet, they are having their 3rd meeting tonight, I have pumpkins to paint so not going but Anne will be there

bramblebush

Veteran (100+ posts)
we're rifle shooting this sat at Bramhope, our guides in one of the buildings so Anne figured they could have an SS event alongside, £5 including lunch, I emailed the permissions out about 4 weeks ago, but one of emails does bounce back so think it's down wrong, from YL/SS meeting we did last year

Diamond

Veteran (100+ posts)
Sorry to hijack! If she is SS and a leader, does she pay two lots of census?
No one pays two lots of Census one role is marked as Main Role and that is where your census is paid all the others say paid elsewhere.

Some people have multiple roles and it would cost a fortune if they paid for each one.

I wonder who has the most roles?

An example would be a Guider who does Rainbows, Brownies & Guides ( yes it does happen) and is Division Treasurer, County Holiday Adviser and Regional Archivist.

Diamond

Veteran (100+ posts)
i have a unit helper in her early 20's. can she take part in any senior section opportunities and awards eg look wider?
i presume to do so she would need to become a senior section member - how does she does this? -on paper become a ranger and wear ss uniform (even though she will choose not to attend ranger meetings? -wear adult unifrom but not do the training?
As FPG says she is a SS member already. She can choose to do as many or as few SS activities as she likes.
There are a lot to choose from.
Be a YL, a Ranger, do YLQ, ALQ, Octants, Chief Guide Challenge, Queens Guide, Commonwealth Award, D of E, GOLD, SS Permit, SSAGO, V Awards, In4mers & Innovate.