• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Shopping List!

jayjay

Guide and Ranger Guider
I would be more than happy with any cadbury's hot chocolate. I've been on slimming world since new year and am looking forward to a proper, full fat weekend of butter in my mash, sugar in my coffee and milk in my cocoa!

LFC_dragonfly

Veteran (100+ posts)
Wow, didn't know there were so many brand snobs amongst you, hehe! There's nowt wrong with plenty of 'smart price' et al. brands. It's the same stuff at the end of the day. Don't get me wrong, some of it simply isn't as good (hence the price!), but things like dried pasta, rice, tinned tomatoes etc. are fine, and I certainly aren't adverse to trying it out, just because it's 'smart price'. We always buy at least own label stuff, as we can't afford to be buying everything branded, that's for sure!!

dollypip

Rach or Dolly i'll answer to anything...
We buy own label usually and I shall be buying a combo but working in Asda has made me aware where products are made!

Beans have to be Heinz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
I agree Dawn. Given how low a budget I've been on for the last few years, I've had no option but to go for own branded cheapy stuff (and some things, like beans, I actually prefer the cheapy ones - but am happy with whatever is on offer!)

Even though I now have more money, after everything I have to pay out a month I have very little left (and I know I only have myself to blame, as had I not bought the new car I'd have been a lot better off each month, but it's my choice to have done that), old habits die hard, I still go for the cheap stuff most of the time, and can cook well on a low budget

TJ.

Wonder Woman In Training
Wow, didn't know there were so many brand snobs amongst you, hehe! There's nowt wrong with plenty of 'smart price' et al. brands. It's the same stuff at the end of the day. Don't get me wrong, some of it simply isn't as good (hence the price!), but things like dried pasta, rice, tinned tomatoes etc. are fine, and I certainly aren't adverse to trying it out, just because it's 'smart price'. We always buy at least own label stuff, as we can't afford to be buying everything branded, that's for sure!!
If the stuff tastes the same then I don't care. I eat the smart price tinned tomatoes and their jaffa cakes. We do eat quite a bit of smart price stuff in our house due to various allergies. It really just is that when I've had smart price hot chocolate in the past, it's tasted really horrible.

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
The only brands I have are when it comes to ketchup, soup & salad cream - Heinz always, otherwise I'll buy what ever is on offer, or cheapest.

Broken.Owner

Archery Goddess and Moderator
GuiderPlus
Smart price hot choc does tend to be horrid... and i find the baked beans like that too - but am a big fan of branston beans and bulk buy when they are on offer to keep me going when they aren't, but tinned tomatoes and tinned fruit and pasta and rice etc - it's all the same stuff. :)

Doll - i think you have everything covered there. Fab job. :)

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
Do I need to bring a jar of marmite for toast, or is it on the list (my eyes are dim, I cannot see and I do not have my specs with me!).

kathrynha

Veteran (100+ posts)
Do I need to bring a jar of marmite for toast, or is it on the list (my eyes are dim, I cannot see and I do not have my specs with me!).
You are welcome to have some of my Morrisons own brand marmite which I'll be taking. I can't have proper marmite cos I'm allergic to it

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
Cheers Kathryn - real Marmite or yours will be great...... they both have flavour.

It is vegemite I do not get - kind of a version for wimps ;)