• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

sleepover

quietbrownowl

Veteran (100+ posts)
I hope this is ok to post here. As a DC when should I see the REN form for a raimbow sleepover? Im assuming the leader is doing her Going Away Licence (unless she is taking someone with her who already has it). I feel now it is less than 6 weeks away I should ask to see it but I dont want to appear to be nagging, if you know what I mean.

Tregi

Veteran (100+ posts)
You should be able to see on Go if they have any leaders with the qualification attached to the unit. If you don't think they have, and she is doing her License it should be a minimum of 6 weeks.
The REN form is meant to be a working document, i.e. they send it you with their dates and venue, and leaders if known. They then update it, adding amounts of girls, activities, risk assessments etc and it is all complete 6 weeks (for License) or 2 weeks before.

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
There's no harm in a having a chat with the leader along the lines of....how are your sleepover plans coming along ? Are you doing your licence, anything that I can do to help/support ? Just open the topic, if she is doing her qualification someone especially you, needs to know.. if the licence holder is outside your District then you need time to check out her qualifications etc