• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Song from the Shire!

You common lot sing:

Show me the way to go home,
I'm tired and I want to go to bed,
I had a little drink about an hour ago,
And it's gone right to my head.
Wherever I may roam,
Over land or sea or foam,
You will always hear me singing this song,
Oh, show me the way to go home.

However cos we are posh out here in the Shire, we sing the posh version:

Indicate the way to my abode,
I'm fatigued and I wish to retire,
I had a light refreshment 60 minutes ago,
And it's gone straight to my cranium.
Wherever I may perambulate,
Over land or sea or agitated water,
You will always hear me reciting this melody,
Oh, indicate the way to my abode.

Enjoy ladies!!

Cap'n Gaerlick

Captain Gaerlick of 1st Gaerlick Guide
Thank you for this you lovely Shire lady

I is extremely posh as I does come from the posh end of Edinburgh (for those what are not posh like what I am it is pronounced Embrraa) Embrraa do not be in a Shire - it be in Midlothian so I did upsticks and found me a Shire - Ayrshire and I now be an Ayrhead!!!

Tawny75

Indicate the way to my abode....
Ahhhhhhh but do you all have hobbit feet like what I do.

Not one of you shire people are as posh as what I am. I have a capital S. Even Emma is not quite as posh as me because I am the older, more responsible sister :D.

I am very flipping posh. I cock my little finger when I drink tea from my posh china cup. You common hoi polloi have mugs!:cool:

Broken.Owner

Archery Goddess and Moderator
GuiderPlus
Thing is though guys - coming from a shire doesn't make you posh, cos shire's just another word for "ish" - you come from Buskingham-ish, or nottingham-ish, or Hamp-ish etc etc etc!!! We down in Kent and London know precisely where we come from, there's no "ish" about any of it!!!! :D :p

Hilzo42

Guide Leader (GiC) & Forum Mod!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
yaeh, Home counties are waaaayyyyyy posher. Kent's the garden of england y'know. any party becomes a garden party, cucumber sandwiches and all!