• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Starting Forms - help please!

dominoka

Beginner (10+ posts)
Does anyone have a copy of the old starting form (Guides) saved anywhere?

Everytime I download the new version there is a glitch on it where there is a blank space on the last 2 pages. Also it's laid out in a weird way that I don't like.

Or does anyone have a good copy of the new one? I'd rather use the correct one but I can't get one that works. I can't get on to GO at the minute either!

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
I’ve just had a go at downloading the blank starting form from the “unit forms” part of the Guiding website, and opened it in Word. It comes out correctly.

The seemingly poor thoughtout layout (mixing information that parents would want to keep in with what needs to be returned to the unit) I think is universally picked up on as a dislike! Or is it that it’s been “disturbed” and is coming up mixed up when you open it?

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
No, everyone's getting the layout which doesn't allow for some pages to be retained by the parent and some filled in and returned to the Leaders. Only advantage is that with it being emailed, parents can keep an entire copy and send an entire copy.

dominoka

Beginner (10+ posts)
It has a big blank bit on one side like there's another page laid over part of it. I thought it was just my work computer but it looks the same on my phone.
upload_2018-1-23_16-36-5.png

I might try to open in Word on my computer at home this evening if I still can't get it.

I called the helpline at HQ and they promised to forward me a copy but that was several hours ago and it hasn't come through yet

Trinny

Veteran (100+ posts)
I found that it would open correctly but when you tried to save or print, the spacing would go and it would shift everything down about 3 inches, cutting off the bottom. I've tried on both a mac and a work (Microsoft office) computer. I ended up using the old one, because obviously we need the bottom few inches of information!