• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

sussex west residential halls

batty bird

R's B's & G's
hi all , I have been looking for accommodation for 2018 Brownie holiday in sussex west . a 'new ' list of halls came out in September so I have been emailing around a few halls to check their availablilty for august 2018 . from contact with 4 halls I have 2 that are unable to offer anything longer than 1-2 nights stay ( we always do 5-6 nights) at any time of the year , another hall is under the impression we would only require it to store our equipment ( not for sleeping etc ) and another would love us to come but we would need to vacate the premises on the sunday to allow their regular bookings into the hall ( which would be ok but they have asked us not to be there from 9.am to 6.30pm ) .

so I wanted to ask does anyone know how I would go about getting a hall added to the list? of course once/if I find one .
also does anyone have any suggestions of a good hall in sussex west ? we have done Littlehampton and storrington to death so would be looking at something else .

also has anyone been to Pagham Church Centre, Nyetimber Lane in the last 2-3 years ? as when we last visited it ( 2-3 years ago ) it was rather mouldy and not very clean .
anyhelp would be much appreciated ...ps we did blackland farm this year ...its was brilliant .

Hopefully you found somewhere for your Brownie holiday this year, but if you need ideas for future years, we just got back from Billingshurst Scout & Guide HQ for our Brownie Holiday, only sleeps 18 Brownies, but a nice hall, playing area, and 2 mins walk to the train station, so we went on day trips to Amberly and Horsham.
We have stayed at Mosse Memorial Hall which is Bognor/Pagnam area, very big hall, you have to take all kitchen equipment though, and we tried to book it this year and couldn't have it on a Monday I think it was due to Slimming World using it! You can walk to the beach and a school swimming pool that we had sole use of.
I think it was the Pagham Church centre I visited a few years ago and thought the same as you that it wasn't very nice inside!
We have also stayed at Selsey Methodist Church Hall, very small kitchen, but there was a Budgens next door, so we made it one of the duties to do daily shopping. If you stay over Sunday, the Church does use one of the small halls though, so we avoided the Sunday.
The only other place I can think of that we have stayed in Sussex West is Kelsey Hall, Ifold, this was a long time ago and from memory also had quite a small kitchen, but otherwise it was a nice venue.

If you want to venture into other Sussex Counties (not sure where you are based) we stayed at Telscombe Cliffs Village Hall last year which was amazing, will probably go back next year. Crowborough Guide HQ is nice too, although parking is a bit of a problem now they have built a new housing estate next door, and Bluewoods at Tilgate Park is a brand new Guide building that just opened last year or early this year and a very nice size.

batty bird

R's B's & G's
We've been to all if those :) . my commissioner suggested bluewoods but the week we wanted was already booked ... Turns out it was my commissioner who's got that week lol . I did manage to get a list for halls in Chichester so will be checking those out fit next year .
We are on Brownie holiday next week , faurefold nr dorking . only built September ! Leg hall ,dorms, lrg well equipped kitchen , 2 leaders rooms , boot room , and the bonus of a leaders lounge with sofas !! All set in is own grouds / campsite with campfire . under floor heating not that we ate going to need it . can't wait ,:)

*Emerald*

Brownie and Rangers Leader
We've been to all if those :) . my commissioner suggested bluewoods but the week we wanted was already booked ... Turns out it was my commissioner who's got that week lol . I did manage to get a list for halls in Chichester so will be checking those out fit next year .
We are on Brownie holiday next week , faurefold nr dorking . only built September ! Leg hall ,dorms, lrg well equipped kitchen , 2 leaders rooms , boot room , and the bonus of a leaders lounge with sofas !! All set in is own grouds / campsite with campfire . under floor heating not that we ate going to need it . can't wait ,:)
We stayed at Bluewoods last month, it was great although a bit of a squeeze for 20 Brownies on camp beds! Lots of lovely things to do nearby (park/Nature Centre/indoor climbing) and the fenced off woodland area/campsite is fab. Funnily enough batty bird we looked at using Faurefold but that was totally booked up when we wanted! Hope you have a good Brownie Holiday :)

This is slightly out of date as I haven't had a new version since 2014, but it lists all residential and camping facilities in LaSER, I still use it to find potential new venues. It is a zip file, with separate word documents for each County, hope it can be opened, if not I can load them individually.

Attachments

*Emerald*

Brownie and Rangers Leader
This is slightly out of date as I haven't had a new version since 2014, but it lists all residential and camping facilities in LaSER, I still use it to find potential new venues. It is a zip file, with separate word documents for each County, hope it can be opened, if not I can load them individually.
Thanks very much for sharing that, very useful and opened fine for me! I've been looking for something like that.