• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Transport Thread - Car sharing

LFC_dragonfly

Veteran (100+ posts)
Smartie and I will be driving over from Preston if anyone wants a lift. Can probably only fit one more plus kit in though.

I'm not planning on leaving work any earlier than usual (4pm), seeing as we haven't got to far to go.

laurad82

assistant guide leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Dawn if i come down to Preston can I come with you guys? happy to contribute with petrol money:)

blue_dreamer

Veteran (100+ posts)
still need a lift from Wakey or from the whatever train station is closest to the camp site.

eta: eh, can't remember what I've said before.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

HollyBlue

Not gone to the dark side; I'm fireside!
I can offer a really late lift from Macclesfield train station, if anyone is interested? I'll be leaving work at 9pm, so anytime after that! :)

Hilzo42

Guide Leader (GiC) & Forum Mod!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I'll be driving up from the north west side of London as usual, straight round the M25 & up the M1 if anyone needs a lift from that neck of the woods! :D

jayjay

Guide and Ranger Guider
I think I'm picking Alli up in wolves on my way from Shrewsbury. Will have room for another if someone's en route!

ElfOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'll be travelling up from Sussex. East Sussex if from home so M25 via Dartford crossing to M1. West Sussex if from work so could be either Dartford of Heathrow way round the M25 (will be M23 to M25 so either route is an option). Still too early to decide which option to take.

LivingInAFairytale

Veteran (100+ posts)
Im planning on getting the train from leeds so if possible would someone be able to pick me up from Derby train station on the friday? And same again on the sunday?

Am happy to give money for petrol and that, Not sure how far the campsite is from the trainstation

Ive not booked tickets yet, just waiting for pay day! :D
Thank you!

blue_dreamer

Veteran (100+ posts)
Im planning on getting the train from leeds so if possible would someone be able to pick me up from Derby train station on the friday? And same again on the sunday?

Am happy to give money for petrol and that, Not sure how far the campsite is from the trainstation

Ive not booked tickets yet, just waiting for pay day! :D
Thank you!
x2

do you know which train that would be? I'll probably be getting the train at Wakefield so it may be the same one you're on but not booked anything yet.

Smiley

Guide & SS Guider, Div Guide Advisor
Complete change of plan. I will be coming from Lincoln and due to the price of train travel, I will have the car. Even with the price of petrol it is cheaper to drive.

So if anyone wants a lift give me a shout.

Tanyalasagne

Veteran (100+ posts)
Well what will you be doing in my neck of the woods then??

I shall also be heading from Lincoln but have a wedding to go to that day so not entirely sure when I shall be on the road by!