1. Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Transport

Discussion in 'G2G5 Highland Fling' started by gem64, Feb 13, 2010.

1. gem64

gem64 Beginner (10+ posts)

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone is driving to Bonaly and could pick me up on the way? I'll be visiting a friend at Herriot Watt University, which according to Google Maps is only a couple of miles away from the scout centre. If not I'm sure there'll be a bus going that way. Thanks.

Gemma :)

2. GuidingKB

GuidingKB Brownie Guider

Is that the Riccarton site? If so, I know that buses run from there to Edinburgh. It's also on the main road from the air port!

3. fenris

fenris fenris GuiderPlus

There isn't a very direct bus you could get - it'd mean getting a 34 part-way into Edinburgh and then a 10 back out - but if there wasn't anyone passing I could probably arrange a lift.

4. madmonkey

madmonkey Guide Leader

If you want we can meet you in town, I will be getting the number 8 into town then changing to the number 10 :D Oh the bus drivers are gonna wonder whats goin on :D

5. jennthedeadfunkyranger

jennthedeadfunkyranger Guide Guider GuiderPlus

I'm driving, though don't know which way and when yet.

6. Cap'n Gaerlick

Cap'n Gaerlick Captain Gaerlick of 1st Gaerlick Guide

Depending on what sort of time, I could arrange to pick you up. I will be in Edinburgh for most of the day (food shopping and general organising but could arrAnge something for you.

7. sparklyguider

sparklyguider Guide Guider

if any one wants to meet up on the day and get the bus together i will be in edinburgh centre all day, i am coming up on the thursday and staying over night in edinburgh so will be around all day so just yell!

8. jennthedeadfunkyranger

I'm planning on setting off earlyish on Friday so I can have a few hours in Edinburgh, so I'd be happy to meet up! I'm driving up, so I can take up to four people from the centre of Edinburgh

9. scotchmi5t

scotchmi5t Veteran (100+ posts)

Myself, mazi and miserybabe will be arriving in Edinburgh by train at 3.30 ish - if we could meet up with sparkly and jenn and then get a lift that would be brilliant! Maybe best if you ask Fenris about driving in Edinburgh city centre as I think there's havoc with the trams and roadworks?

10. fenris

fenris fenris GuiderPlus

I'll let people know about directions for cars nearer the time, we tend to only get a week's notice of road closures and tramworks due to diversions, so I'd rather wait and give you accurate directions at the time, rather than say something now and have to alter it later!

The same applies to bus stops in town!

11. madmonkey

madmonkey Guide Leader

As of next week Shandwick place is shut all buses westbound are being directed along the western approach the come off at the premier in and into haymarket so traffic that way will be a nightmare! Im just off shandwick place at work so get regular updates at work :D

12. gem64

gem64 Beginner (10+ posts)

Hey all,

Thanks for all the replies; sorry I haven't got back to anyone yet. I kinda thought that the replies would come to my email inbox as well, so I only realised that people had replied the other day when I checked here again! I think I'll get the bus from town with madmonkey, if that's what you're still doing? Sparklyguider and Scotchmi5t, are you getting a lift with jenthefunkyranger or going by bus?

13. sparklyguider

no idea yet, i will be around all day though if i don't catch a lift in with any one i will be getting the bus.

14. jennthedeadfunkyranger

I'm planning on setting off first thing, so should be in Edinburgh for late morning / lunchtime-ish

15. floss

floss Veteran (100+ posts) GuiderPlus

I can collect you from HeriotWatt and take you in the car, easy enough for me to do as just off the bypass
    PM me if you want me to get you
    floss

16. scotchmi5t

scotchmi5t Veteran (100+ posts)

We'll be getting the bus if we don't catch anyone for a lift.

17. sparklyguider

same here, will be floating around the town in the morning, once i have surfaced/been kicked out of hotel!