• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Trefoil census

citaborca

Regular (50+ posts)
Hi,

The guidance for trefoil members who are also in guiding roles is below, but does anybody know what we do with the invoice, as it will show the trefoil member on the unit list, do we just deduct it from the total when we pay the cheque? Or is there something I should alter on Go?

a Leader who holds either a Leader’s Unit Appointment or Commissioner’s
Appointment with Girlguiding UK, and who is also an associate member of
the Trefoil Guild, pays her full subscription to Girlguiding UK. If she wishes to
receive copies of The Trefoil she pays for this through the Trefoil Guild
• a Trefoil Guild member who holds an appointment with Girlguiding UK, for an
appointment other than that of Unit Leader or Commissioner, pays her full
subscription to The Trefoil Guild. She is listed on Girlguiding UK’s census form
but no Girlguiding UK subscription is necessary

emmaluvseeyore

Brownie Leader and Ranger Assistant
I am confused. I am a unit leader and a trefoil member, and I have just paid census to my guild, and will be paying the GG census for me too.

I thought they went to two different places and were for separate things :S

citaborca

Regular (50+ posts)
That's what I had been told until I was challenged on it at a meeting. I then investigated and found this information in the trefoil guild handbook in the finance section, but can't see how I actually apply it.

citaborca

Regular (50+ posts)
OK, just realised the link I'd been sent is to a manual with last update 2010, so things might've changed. Off to investigate further.

helentinkletoes

Veteran (100+ posts)
Basically in any event, if they have a unit role you pay census as usual so there is nothing to deduct. If they want to be part of the trefoil guild then they pay for that. There was a discussion on facebook I think about this and the outcome was certainly that they are 2 separate organisations with 2 different fees

ker-stee

SGP Enthusiast
GuiderPlus
Yep, 2 different fees... E.g. our HQ gets paid for from census collected (From 2 divisions and scout district) we can all use it for free, the TG have to pay as otherwise they don't contribute towards the cost like the rest!

RMT

Guide Leader
GuiderPlus
I just checked with CHQ and they have said they pay on both.

Trefoil is a sister company who have their own fees.

citaborca

Regular (50+ posts)
What is this section in the guiding manual about? Is this not Census?

Membership

Full membership is open to anyone aged 18 or over who has been a member of
Girlguiding or The Scout Association or who makes the Guide or Scout Promise.

Associate membership is open to anyone aged 18 or over who holds either a Leader’s or Scouter’s unit appointment or a Commissioner’s or Assistant Commissioners’s appointment in either Girlguiding or The Scout Association.

Affiliate membership is open to anyone aged 18 or over who has not made the Guide or Scout Promise but who subscribes to the aims and principles of the two Associations.

Women and men who are members of The Trefoil Guild will have corporate membership of Girlguiding and also of WAGGGS without paying an extra subscription.

citaborca

Regular (50+ posts)
I contacted member support who at first were confused by the wording, but have now confirmed that they must pay both. Thanks for your help ladies.

citaborca

Regular (50+ posts)
Just one last ask........ has anybody got access to the Trefoil handbook. The copy that I have been given was last updated in 2010 so I'm not sure its the up to date one.

elenopa

Brownie Guider
See, it's this double payment that puts me off doing the Voyage Award, as you have to be a member of Trefoil to do it. It would be the only reason for me to join Trefoil as far as I see, so am loathe to pay for that privilege.

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
Corporate membership is the sister relationship spoken about earlier.

Your ladies are WORKING in a unit with girls on a regular basis therefore pay a membership fee (census) to Girlguiding.

I WORK in Guiding and pay an annual subscription to Girlguiding, I CHAIR a Trefoil Guild and pay an annual subscription to them for membership.

Corporate membership covers them only for the odd badge test, coming to help at the odd event, doing the odd advisor or mentor role.

emmaluvseeyore

Brownie Leader and Ranger Assistant
See, it's this double payment that puts me off doing the Voyage Award, as you have to be a member of Trefoil to do it. It would be the only reason for me to join Trefoil as far as I see, so am loathe to pay for that privilege.
If it helps, my TG census was £15, so much cheaper than my GG census.

ChrisA

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I belong to three Trefoil Guilds and was also a member of a National Scout Fellowship - now Scout Active Support (SAS!!). This Scout Fellowship recently folded so I have just joined my local SAS. I asked about census last night (I have no idea who paid my Scout census in the last couple of years but it was paid) and I was told that the Scout District - equivalent to our Guide Division - pays it for everyone even the 90+ year olds who may not give much active service nowadays. Interesting.......

AJW191

Beginner (10+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Associate Membership of the TG does not exist anymore. Was stopped about 2 years ago. However, if you do want to receive TG's magazine you pay a slightly higher fee than the basic fee.