• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Trefoil Guild Voyage Award

Hilzo42

Guide Leader (GiC) & Forum Mod!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I've just gotten my record book to start on my Bronze level! :D

Is anyone else working on this (or did the pilot test scheme)?

I think I have most sections covered (aside from picking mentors!)
I'm unsure though for the 'Teamwork' element whether to count helming a narrowboat for a BP Adventure for this when I have done this once before, and instead count running a Guide sleepover for my overnight licence (which I could also use for 'Skills' as gaining a Scouting/Guiding qualification).

daisy

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
i've just got the book as well but thats as far as I've got as cannot decide what to do for each yet

Elaine-Melanie

Veteran (100+ posts)
Hi,
I am a Guide leader, and not currently a member of Trefoil, do I have to be a Tefoil member to do this?n I have had quite a difficult time locating more information about the Award, it doesn't seem very organised to me - or have I been looking in the wrong places?

Bramble

Veteran (100+ posts)
Yes you do have to be a member of the Trefoil Guild to do this. Come and join us, anyone over 18 is welcome!

If you want to read more go to www.trefoilguild.co.uk click on the news section, then chose archive and Voyager info. will come up.

Hi,
I am a Guide leader, and not currently a member of Trefoil, do I have to be a Tefoil member to do this?n I have had quite a difficult timlocating more information about the Award, it doesn't seem very organised to me - or have I been looking in the wrong places?

Elaine-Melanie

Veteran (100+ posts)
Ok thanks for the linke, IP suppose my apprehension of becoming a Guild member is that it is another meeting to attend in my busy life...but think I will have to join as I would love to personally develop and do the voyager award. Thanks.

Hilzo42

Guide Leader (GiC) & Forum Mod!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
It's a little odd because the syllabus isn't actually up online (it's within the record book), however the powerpoint basically re-iterates what's in the book! :)
My Guild formed from the narrowboating group I'm part of (we're from multiple counties and even regions!) so weekly meetings aren't a thing I do. There is a TG Internet Guild too. And you can be a member of multiple guilds.

AJW191

Beginner (10+ posts)
GuiderPlus
For those of you that are not a member of the TG but you are over the age of 50 you can do the Discovery Award which is similar to the Voyager Award but has been going alot longer - however anyone from the age of 18 can start the Voyager Award and have to be a member of a TG.

I'm a member of 2 TGs as well as being an active Guider and have almost finished the Bronze level of the Discovery Award.

emmaluvseeyore

Brownie Leader and Ranger Assistant
In our county, a Guild was set up specifically for people who are more active and wanted to get out and about (it is called the Out and About Trefoil Guild). We have meetings once a month, and meet all over the county at different times and on different days so more people can take part. We pay for the weeks we attend, which is really good. I haven't been to any of the meetings this term as I have been busy, but I still feel part of the Guild :) It is great that it allows you to fit it in with your schedule, and many of the members are current leaders in units.

I haven't looked at the Voyager award yet - I am supposed to be doing my QG, but not progressing much with that atm!!

elephantemg83

Guide Guider, ABL and ASL
Hmm I am interested in joining a tag, but don't want to join one with predominantly older people.

Anyone know of a tg near herts that has a more varied membership age?

I like the idea of a specific tg like narrow boating.

Liz

Dionysia

Veteran (100+ posts)
I keep if ing and buting about joining, as worried about taking more on, but interested in the Voyage Award.

There are two groups that I could join, but one I can't make as need to do school pick up and the other one (Ipswich) i'm still waiting to hear when they meet.

Does anyone know about Ipswich?

Also how much is the fee it I wanted to join? Is anyone a Internet Guild?