• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Virtual G2G8

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
Welcome to the virtual G2G8 for those who couldn't go to the G2G8 in Bristol this weekend :(

Anyway what are we going to do this weekend?

I'm intending to drink tonight and have a lie in tomorrow for a change!!!

What about you lot? What can we have tomorrow night?

sari

pre-warranted GiC
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Karaoke and cocktails...mocktails for the teetotal like me....party games, naturally....I'll be having eggy bread and bacon buttirs watching rugby in the am...

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
I have packed the first aid kit and camera, must get my money and uniform out but am enjoying a glass of the amber nectar and watching Outnumbered first.

I will be up early (forget the bright bit) ready for the coaches - Blackpool here I come, ready or not!

Tomorrow night - easy games, I may be braindead after the adventures of 9000!

just chilling tonight, work during day tomro then partying all night til sunday daylight, then spend sunday morning sleeping i guess before going shopping!!

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
ooh blackpool - have fun and think I had better warn my mum's cousin!!!

my DS1 is somewhere outside in the dark on a Night Hawk Challenge organised by his scout district. Trouble is that they are wide awake and had been up since 6.30am and won't be back home till about 3pm and then he sleeps till sunday morning! We're going to F&B's for DS2's birthday tea - just been to book the table tonight!

we'll have to think of some challenges on here for tomorrow night!! LOL!

Cazbly

9000 members of GGUK, Wallace & Grommit, Blackpool Pleasure Beach - sounds a reasonably decent mix.

Thanks Yorkie, sure we will have a great day.

Brandie

Veteran (100+ posts)
wondering if I can think off the lbs by weigh in tomorrow! Tomorrow normal sat for me got WW 9:30 class but I'm a clerk so be there for 9 still deciding whether LO is coming with me
Then rush back via Tesco/Lidl make lunch for all, then take kids to Judo run round Asda whilst they are there been inspired now by Sari thinking eggy bread bacon & beans for dinner or maybe I'll go for the full brekkie for dinner lol
Sunday it's my nieces birthday so off to the park weather permitting luckily it's fallen on the only sun have no Guiding training to go to (last 2 weeks have & next week on my bday)
oh supposed to be cycling with the kids that can if it's nice

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
9000 members of GGUK, Wallace & Grommit, Blackpool Pleasure Beach - sounds a reasonably decent mix.

Thanks Yorkie, sure we will have a great day.
9000 in the Blackpool Pleasure Beach?????? Wow, will you get that lot in that square? Is it closed to the public?

oooh that's exciting!!!

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
Well talking about eggy bread and bacon.......... I've got plenty of bacon and eggs now :)

Cheese - mmmmmmm not wensleydale!!

Caz... I should be sending the surprise this week now as I've now got some stamps!!!! I've been so lazy of not calling at the PO!!!

Cazbly

Can I have eggy bread and bacon at 7.00am then please?

And I think a nice bit of Lancashire Tasty on the cheese front would go down nicely. :)

(Oh and I am looking forward to the surprise)

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
ooh I'll see what I can do but I'm afraid I can't do it at 7am!!!! (Unless you're at the proper G2G8!)

Right folks, I'm going to hit the sack (feels like I belong to the quite block of the G2G!!!)

Have a good day tomorrow and catch you later!

Tanyalasagne

Veteran (100+ posts)
Have a good weekend all, I will be up bright and breezy for Skills day tomorrow - doing my international PR bit then its opportunities day on Sunday so all in all a busy weekend but should be good too, but not as good as the G2G i bet :)

Figgy

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Busy day here dd has a build-a-bear party for her friend who is moving to a new school, ds1 has his grammar school pre-test and I am at a meeting at region HQ.

Gutted to miss g2g8 but everything conspired staked me

woodyowl

Forum Mod, Guide GIC, Rainbow GIC,
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Ive got Rainbows today and then tomorrow Im doing a sponsored abseil to raise money for Cots for Tots - raising money for 4 new cots and equipment for the baby special care unit in Norwich.

chipmunk!

District Commissioner
Agreed Sari!
No guiding stuff this weekend, well apart from Rangers last night.
We have a 5th Birthday party at a soft play today, and my brother is visiting tomorrow, staying till monday.
My car is making a donking noise whenever I turn left and my house is a tip!
Ah well at least the baby only woke once in the night!

Crazy Chilly

Veteran (100+ posts)
I am at home feeling cold even though the heating is on and not feeling 100%. C is at her dads house until later on this afternoon so I am just chilling as I don't feel like doing anything else.