• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Voyage Award - Getting Started?

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
I have decided I am going to start on the Voyage Award, and really want to get registered ASAP as I am off to Japan next month and would really like that to count for Explore my World.

I know what I want to do for most the other sections too. :D

I have requested to join the Internet Guild on Facebook or do I need to join a local guild to do the award?

I know to do the award is £6, but is there a membership fee (or Subs) on top of Census?

Guessing census is only due in Feb time like the main Guiding census.

emmaluvseeyore

Brownie Leader and Ranger Assistant
I am a member of one of my County Guilds, and we only pay census to be a member. Any activities we do are paid for on top of that rather than paying subs. Census is in February like the Girlguiding one. IIRC, mine was only £15 this year.

Not sure about how the Internet Guild works though.

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
Found a form online to request the Internet guild, which has been submitted and registered.

Voyage award form is ready to go, just need to wait to be approved to join the Facebook group.

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
I'm about to send off for mine - will the Internet Guild set a record for the highest proportion of members in a Guild working on the award?!

Dionysia

Veteran (100+ posts)
are there more people on the internet? I joined last year, but left when census was due this year, as couldn't justify the cost when no one was talking.

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
are there more people on the internet? I joined last year, but left when census was due this year, as couldn't justify the cost when no one was talking.
Numbers seem to be increasing steadily - and it's the old story that to have a conversation, someone has to be first to speak . . .