• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Information: Welcome to the New Forum

MandyLaLa

(Newbie)
GuiderPlus
hi I have tried to upload a couple of resources that are currently in excel and word, have all office documents been blocked now please?

We're very excited to welcome you to the new and improved Guiders Forum.

We are still in the early stages of adding the features back into the forum so please bear with us, however we've reactivated the forum so you can get back on here and start chatting again.

I'll be adding separate posts to help explain some of the current and future features. It's very similar to our old software so it shouldn't be too difficult to find everything.

I'll just point out some of the things you may notice. Firstly your account has been moved over and your password will be the same. We've also moved over the 900,000 posts. Some avatar's didn't make it and they are more detailed than before so you may like to update that first by going to your account.

One major improvements are the ability to use the website on a mobile or tablet. Those who used Tapatalk or ForumRunner could you please give the site a go in this state and let me know what you think. We maybe able to add those functions back in but I'm hoping it won't be necessary.

Bit of a technical item but you may notice the whole site is now encrypted and the url will show with a lock symbol. It just means the sites that bit more secure.

Downloads have not transferred unfortunately but this gives us a chance to update a refresh the content. You'll find the section under Resources and when you add an upload a thread will be automatically added to the appropriate forum section.

Old Resources will be found on our backup site at archive.guiders.co.uk

Guiderplus blogs are also another feature which we're currently working on restoring together with some new features for subscribers.

Hope you all like the new look. :)

Mike & Lisa
looks great

raaowdot

Administrator
Staff member
Yes Tapatalk has been installed and there should be a link appear at the top of the screen when viewed on a mobile. You may possible access it via the Tapatalk app also; I'm not sure as I don't have it.

Let me know if it's not working and I'll look into it.

raaowdot

Administrator
Staff member
It's now easier to log into your forum account. I've now integrated External Account logins so you can now associate your forum account with your Facebook, Twitter and Google logins.
You see additional options under the login box and you can also associate these account by going to 'External Accounts' in your profile.

Lilybex

Veteran (100+ posts)
Yes Tapatalk has been installed and there should be a link appear at the top of the screen when viewed on a mobile. You may possible access it via the Tapatalk app also; I'm not sure as I don't have it.

Let me know if it's not working and I'll look into it.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raaowdot

Administrator
Staff member
This is now fixed. I've just uploaded a file of over 10mb and it worked fine. The limit has been set to 64MB on the server! But I beleive that's a sort of spooling limit like on a printer which is usually higher than the actual file being loaded.
Please do try and keep it to below 10mb if possible otherwise it'll give users problems downloading.
I've also added an option to the Challenges section to allow people to link to a file instead of uploading one. For example to a Dropbox file. Again please try and avoid this if possible as it relies on the 3rd party keeping the file in the same place and inevitable ends up with broken links over time.
Happy uploading.

elenopa

Brownie Guider
This is now fixed. I've just uploaded a file of over 10mb and it worked fine. The limit has been set to 64MB on the server! But I beleive that's a sort of spooling limit like on a printer which is usually higher than the actual file being loaded.
Thank you so much; it worked. Sorry for the hassle.

elenopa

Brownie Guider
Because I created a new resource; as I couldn't see a way to add a download to my existing post; is there a way to delete the old one? I've had a look, but can't see an option.

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I don't know but if you let us know which you want deleting one of the mods may be able to do it..