• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

What are you doing/done in your units this week? Part 4

MummySquirrel

Veteran (100+ posts)
A fab night at the Fire Station with the little red ones tonight and I get to go again tomorrow with the other red ones, don't usually do the same thing at both units.
Guides last night were doing map and compass skills, it went surprisingly well.

dominoka

Beginner (10+ posts)
Rainbows - visited Pets At Home, unfortunately I missed it so I'll have to hear all about it next week

Guides - Unit Guidelines and some running around games to try to tire them out!

MummySquirrel

Veteran (100+ posts)
The BP girls organised and ran a co-operative games evening which went very well.
My Tuesday and Wednesday Rainbows had a joint meeting last night(Wednesday group have been unable to use usual meeting place recently due to work being carried out) the girls got on really well and had great fun doing some follow-up activities to our Fire Station visit last week.

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Made it to half term! Brownies have had 8 recruits (and 6 existing) whilst Guides have had 9 recruits (and 4 existing). Brownies have been working on Promise/Law and getting-to-know activities, last week we tried a couple of activities from the cards. Guides have done their first GFI together, and have since formed Patrols and worked on Traditions badge.

MummySquirrel

Veteran (100+ posts)
Guides planned and organised a 'Taste of Guides' evening for older Brownies, all activities were a taster of things our girls enjoyed so there was a game, decorating biscuits (campfire theme), a short treasure hunt round the churchyard and finally the BP girls lit a fire and everyone toasted marshmallows.
Rainbows tonight was a Pumpkin themed party for our 3 POG girls, we all had great fun playing Pumpkin Corners, Pumpkin, pie (duck, duck, goose), hunt the pumpkins and of course drinks and buns.
Tomorrow night the other Rainbow group are back in our usual meeting place for the first time since the summer - we are hopefully doing an activity from the taster pack.

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Brownies still on mid-term (aka Tattie Week), Guides worked on the 'Music is Fun' challenge badge - and managed to do all of it without singing at all!

Tawnyowl51

Veteran (100+ posts)
We had a local beekeeper come to talk about his hobby. He was really enthusiastic, and the girls caught it from him and were also very enthusiastic and engaged. We all learned a lot too.

JJJJ1980

Brownie Leader x 3
Had a lovely calm meeting tonight. Started by the girls asking and answering each others questions about Remembrance then they looked at some info about each soldier on our war memorial and wrote their names on poppies. Next we decorated the elements of our nativity display, finished with edible sparklers and a few songs.

Kochanski

Veteran (100+ posts)
Can't believe we're starting our Christmas crafts tonight! It's becuase we give up meeting in December - they're so busy with everything else, we get fewer girls come and it's not worth paying the rent - so our term is running out fast!

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Brownie Promise ceremonies, followed by starting their Diwali lamp making, then playing boomwhackers.

Guides were working on some 'parliament week' activities, then sorting out their Guidelines. They had fun with the pens, pin badges and balloons . . .

ker-stee

SGP Enthusiast
GuiderPlus
We did the first part of our first Aid badge including the recovery position. Next week they'll all walk into scenarios where leaders will be injured and they'll have to remember how to do it.

My oldest will also be doing CPR and youngest doing standard first Aid badge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Epona

Veteran (100+ posts)
Great Remembrance night with Brownies; including some living with disability activities and discussion of why the work of the RBL and Help for Heroes is still needed.

Guides: Half the company didn't show due to a punishing swim team schedule this week. Parents did send apologies only minutes before the meeting, but long after I'd bought all the materials and spent 2 hours setting it all up. <headdesk> <headdesk> I can't help feeling that if this week was the Counties, they should have known about it well ahead? So demoralising.

MummySquirrel

Veteran (100+ posts)
Only one meeting this week - Rainbows had 3 new starters, talked about Promise, made a promise ladybird and played a game. Op and Dram Society production on at other meeting place so no Rainbows but Guides watched the show 'Viva Mexico' as 3 of our girls, a Brownie and Brownie leader are all appearing in the production and I'm the Choreographer.